[ ☀️¹ ] stan chungha, not the sun.

╭────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
╰──➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❞

this story contains the following:
❐  homophobia
❐  several bipolar emotional teens
❐  and does not reflect the
views of the author nor the actual
habits/attitudes of any real life idols.

turn back now, it's
bottom yeonjun time (๑•̀ ᵕ •́๑)

they say high school is full of your prime years, the era during which you feel the happiest, the most content, the most secure.

whoever came up with that idea was wack.

for the case of a certain group of five boys currently located on the shade-free campus of their boarding school, that saying was just that - a saying.

soobin choi was your average tall mf, used by the parasites he called friends for shade whenever the sun was too intolerable to sit in.

kai huening was in the middle of watching in amusement as their average sized (but tiny in comparison to the four giants that surrounded him), angry friend, taehyun kang, griped and complained about the infuriating weather.

beomgyu choi didn't understand his friends' complaints, as the weather was actually not too bad. he snapped a few selfies of his beautiful face in the sun's golden, midday rays.

meanwhile, yeonjun choi was making an attempt to converse with his friends equally, in hopes that no one would notice anything different about his behavior or the way he treated soobin.

but, wow. you had to be blind or a complete stranger not to notice, and even then, it's probable you'd still be able to guess the relationship between these two.

taehyun motioned, "just a little more to the right..." as soobin obliged, stepping over. the shade from his tall figure blocking out the sun was finally enough to cover taehyun's upper torso, causing the younger to let out a sigh of gratitude. "ok, stay like that."

"the sun is bothering taehyun," beomgyu declared, pumping a fist in the air. "there's only one solution: exterminate it."

"more shade," kai had said at the same time, rationalizing.

taehyun raised an eyebrow. "both are agreeable solutions. you have my permission to do both."

"it's not physically possible to extinguish the sun, beomgyu," soobin made a face of disapproval.

"but it's bothering taehyun!"

yeonjun shook his head at soobin, noticing his discomfort. he stood up and immediately held his hand over soobin's face, effectively blocking out the sun. "stop staring into the sun, you dummy."

soobin stammered out a thanks and attempted to look at anyone and anything else that wasn't yeonjun.

very subtle, these two were.

"oh, guess what," beomgyu suddenly spoke up, "i actually heard a few songs from chungha the other day? you know, the artist yeonjun hyung kept blabbering about for us to listen to? yeah, she's cool. i stan."

"you finally listened to me?" yeonjun rolled his eyes. "do you know how long ago i told y'all to stan her?"

"to be fair, jun hyung is always talking about a different artist every day," taehyun held up his index finger to demonstrate the point.