[ 🕺¹² ] why're you so obsessed with me?

"why would it matter what anyone says?"

this phrase haunted june's mind, filling him with torment.

ryujin rolled her eyes. "ugh, here he comes. just ignore him, ok?"

ignore who? june looked around quizzically, until his eyes lighted upon a shifty silver-haired guy walking up to them, surrounded by more suspicious-looking people.

"hey, ryu." the guy smirked and attempted to place a hand on the pink-haired girl's shoulder.

she roughly shoved him off and scoffed, "shut up, prick. get away from us."

ryujin attempted to take june's hand and flee, but they were stopped by the rest of the silver-haired boy's group surrounding them.

the boy laughed, "aw, that's no way to treat this school's basketball captain, huh?"

"hey, june!!" soobin latched onto june's other arm and pulled him to his side, consequently also dragging ryujin along with them. "where have you been? i was looking for you."

he raised his eyes to look over the intimidating group; something about them gave soobin a dreadful feeling.

"ok i expected there to be a crowd around the snack table but this, this is pushing it," said a familiar voice.

the silver-haired boy sighed and led his group off, not before sending a smirk and raised eyebrows in interest in their direction.

ryujin let go of june and let out a breath of relief. "he's such a weirdo. well, i've got to go; i'll be seeing you, june," she dismissed herself and walked off as a pair of soobin's friends arrived in their midst.

"oh, this is june?" woong skipped up to june and hugged him tightly in an unexpected greeting. "hi!! can i just say, i totally knew you were real, even if daehwi said soobin was lying. soobin doesn't lie! haha, daehwi's going to be so surprised! he's usually right about this stuff."

june looked at woong with wide eyes, then at soobin.

soobin faltered. "u-uh, yes, woong-hyung, dongdong hyung, this is june. sorry for not introducing her earlier."

"oh, hello, june," said the otherwise quiet boy beside woong. "you guys look nice together."

"uh, ah, th-thank... you," june managed, looking embarrassed.

soobin motioned, "why don't we go walk around more and...?" he let his sentence trail off, as he didn't really like the idea of talking to more people.

june nodded and took his hand out of soobin's grip so that he could wrap both around soobin's arm as he led them away.

woong waved, "bye june! you're both so adorable!!"

as they walked away, june nudged soobin. "you hear that? we're 'so adorable'."

"don't need to rub it in my face so much," soobin grumbled, but allowed june to latch onto his arm while he led the way back. "okay junie; let's go. i think i saw daehwi over there; we can leave quickly after we say hi."

"heyyy, soobs!" wooyoung suddenly greeted them, san by his side. "who's this?"

soobin nudged june forward, "uh, hey.. wooyoung, san, this is june."

june ducked his head and hoped the flashing lights would make it hard to see his face clearly. either that, or that yerim had been a godsend at his makeup.

wooyoung greeted cheerfully, "hey, i'm wooyoung jung, a teammate of soobin's. say... you look familiar, have we met?"

june shrugged a wordless answer and refused to speak, for fear of looking even more familiar to the blonde.