[ 🫂¹⁷ ] soobin's hoodie / i'm the one that completes your half.

[ !! ] TW: homophobia, slurs, cutting,
descriptions of blood

one thought ran through yeonjun's head.

"i shouldn't have come this way."

why was he alone? yeonjun had told soobin that he'd wait for him after school to finish his detention, but soobin must have forgotten, or not heard him, because, after detention had ended, yeonjun had been left behind.

whatever the case, yeonjun was now alone, walking down a street that would take him past the loud group of individuals he could hear and smell how drunk they were from far away.

he was so scared. without a doubt.

yeonjun squeezed his phone tightly in his hand.

"tell me please, that i'm the one
that completes your half,
at this moment you call my name."

yeonjun paused the music and disconnected the earbuds, stuffing them into the front pocket of soobin's hoodie. he tried to reassure himself that there was nothing to worry about.

yeonjun hurried his steps, hunching his shoulders, and hoped fervently that the group would ignore him if he just minded his business.

and, that might have been the case, had the group not included a certain silver-haired boy named wonwoo park, the point guard and captain of the school's basketball team.

coincidentally, or perhaps not, he was notorious for certain rumors of his actions towards other students at their school that are simply too horrible to repeat.

as yeonjun walked briskly past them, a few shouts broke out.

yeonjun gritted his teeth and tugged at his backpack straps nervously. they had surrounded him instantly.

"awe look," wonwoo grinned maliciously. "if it isn't yeonjun choi."

another boy snickered, "isn't that the faggot boy from our school?"

"huh. yeah, it is," wonwoo laughed darkly.

yeonjun froze up as the group surrounded him. the smell of alcohol stung his nose; it was on their breaths and clothes, smothering him in a chokehold.

"wait, what's this?" another snatched yeonjun's phone from his grasp.

"h-hey-!" yeonjun tried to protest but two others grabbed him and held him down.

"oh, look at this," wonwoo jeered, holding out the phone to his friends, which showed the lockscreen yeonjun had chosen recently.

it was a picture taken at the friendly match between the girls' soccer team from another school and their boys' team. soobin had just scored a goal, and there was a big smile lighting up his dumb face.

yeonjun loved the picture so much.

"look, he likes that one dude from the soccer team," wonwoo jeered and laughed with his friends. "you wish he was your boyfriend, huh?"

he is my boyfriend! yeonjun pursed his lips together to avoid the impulsive shout. if the group found out that truth, there was a chance they could go after soobin, too, since they knew him and went to school with the both of them.