[ 💌⁶ ] so, you fucked up.

"why did you leave us?"

soobin felt his mouth dry up.

yeonjun continued, "and what were you doing with them? that group?"

"what's wrong with them," soobin asked hoarsely, somehow finding his voice again.

yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "all five of them were expelled from their last school. all for the same reason. you shouldn't hang around those type of people."

soobin scratched his head and began to walk the way to the lockers for sports.

yeonjun walked beside him. "you still didn't answer me." he lowered his voice, though there was hardly any people around. "are you that scared about them knowing?"

soobin shook his head. "what do you mean?"

"you know. tae. gyu. kai. you just got up and ran off to sit with someone else. are you that scared of them finding out about us?" yeonjun picked at the sleeve of the gray hoodie. there was an air of annoyance to him now.

soobin scoffed. "yes, well, they are our friends. but what i'm mostly scared about is what they might do if they find out. the school rules-"

"they would never do that if they found out, and you know it," yeonjun snapped.

"ok, but don't act like you're not scared of them finding out, too," soobin huffed, shaking his head. he was tired of getting treated like the bad guy.

they arrived at the boys' locker room. but after saying that, yeonjun did not speak to soobin.

the elder had ended up changing to have soccer with soobin and his hyungs, and now that they weren't speaking, made soobin wonder if it really was a good choice.

yeonjun was the kind of person who made it obvious when he was mad or annoyed with you. and that was exactly what was happening.

if san and his friends noticed the heavy air of tension between the two, they did not comment on it. everyone spent the next hour sweating and testing their muscles to the limit.

afterwards, in the locker room, jongho nudged soobin aside, far enough away from their lockers so that yeonjun and the others could not hear. "if you and yeonjun are mad at each other, you're gonna have to work it out before thursday."

"why?" soobin frowned. "what's so special about thursday?"

"we're playing star prep. they've been our rivals for a long time," jongho explained. "and if you're mad at your boyfriend, and he's mad at you, when you play, it'll mess everyone up. we really need to keep our heads in the game."

"i get how it could mess up how yeonjun and i play," soobin raised his eyebrows, "but how would it mess up hyungs'?"

jongho sighed. "it affects the mood of the team, and- it's a whole superstition thing, really. but, i take soccer very seriously. as captain, i have to. my whole future depends on this. i could get a serious scholarship to college, you know? so, i'm obligated to tell you to work it out or consider being benched."

soobin let his eyes wander over to yeonjun, whose face appeared glum and solemn, as he changed behind his locker door and did not partake in any conversation around him. usually he was quite the chatterbox, and soobin would always end up having to wait for him to finish his conversations before they could go.

however, the last few minutes of the period dragged on, and when the bell rang, soobin was quite surprised to see yeonjun sit quietly on the bench and wait for soobin to pack away his stuff.

"hey," he whispered softly, just loud enough to reach yeonjun's ears, and just quiet enough so he could pretend he was coughing or something should yeonjun choose not to answer.