[ 🌆³ ] our summer.

it was awkward to admit, but yes. yeonjun and soobin had been that couple that sneaked away from their orientation group to hide away from everyone as they professed their feelings for each other. these sentiments had been followed with a shy first kiss shared in a janitor's closet that had been unfortunately left unlocked at that time.

and so, because of their memories with that closet, the two of them decided to go ahead and return to that spot after school for a few minutes alone.

almost immediately after the door had closed behind them, soobin had taken yeonjun by the waist and pressed their lips together in a sudden kiss, catching the blue-haired elder off-guard.

"sorry, been wanting to do that," soobin chuckled softly as they parted. his next words were sad though. "it's too bad we can't do this in public."

yeonjun sighed and brushed at the jacket of soobin's uniform. "that's true... but i'm glad jongho and his friends warned us."

the group had been correct in guessing at the tension and longing looks between yeonjun and soobin.

they were not quick to admit it, but when they did, san and wooyoung had informed them that they were dating, but the school in general was incredibly homophobic.

there was even a certain guy they were supposed to avoid - according to wooyoung - but the others had shut him up with shouts of how soobin and yeonjun didn't need to hear about him.

and after gym, yeonjun and soobin had realized they had health class together. they had quickly scrambled to be partners in the back of the room, and sat so close to each other, though yeonjun had inched slowly closer to soobin with each passing minute. they had ended the period with yeonjun practically sitting in soobin's lap.

but, thankfully, no one had noticed. at least, they figured.

and that had led them to look for their familiar janitor's closet after the last bell had chimed, where they had been for the past half hour.

and now, soobin's hands were tightly pressed to yeonjun's waist, and yeonjun had laced his hands together behind soobin's head again.

it was almost impossible to recall that they had started off the summer hating each other.

____________________________

"oh, junie!" yeonjun's mother pointed to the suitcases by the luggage compartment. "could you help soobin pack those in? i'm going to go find your father."

yeonjun stared disdainfully at the taller, more awkward beanstalk he was going to spend the next month or so with, trapped in an rv.

he had thrown in the nearest suitcase to him and crossed his arms, huffing, "i can't believe our families are doing this. and worse, with each other."

soobin was quiet as he adjusted the suitcase yeonjun had haphazardly thrown in so that the others could fit.

he and yeonjun had known each other practically since they were babies, but they'd hardly ever actually gotten to know each other.

every time they'd seen each other, yeonjun was either listening to music or texting his sports friends. or, he'd go out with them, leaving soobin alone to the mercy of the four parents who gushed over his chubby face that would not lose fat no matter how skinny soobin himself got.

yeonjun placed an earbud in. soobin sighed. there he goes. at least maybe once his music played there would finally be silence.

soobin packed in the last suitcase and closed the compartment, his eyes sliding over to look at yeonjun.