[ 👑¹⁶ ] 머리에 뿔이 솟아.

"midterms are finally over," yeonjun sighed, dropping down to the ground.

"speak for yourself," beomgyu huffed dramatically, leaning back on his elbows. "taehyun and i have to take care of a stupid egg for our stupid health class, and that's affecting our stupid final grade."

taehyun silently sat down, cross-legged, so that his knee was softly touching beomgyu's well-built thigh. yeonjun, noticing, sent beomgyu a look.

beomgyu pretended to be very preoccupied with opening up the ziplock bag that held an egg inside, hiding his blushing face in the clear material.

soobin and kai also sat down on the ground, both looking as tired as the rest of the group felt.

"hey wait, be careful!" taehyun reached out and caught the egg as it rolled out of the bag.

taehyun sat back down, looking at his shoes, and cradled the egg in his hands. a reddish tinge was spreading through his face, at which kai seemed to grin in a teasing manner.

beomgyu cleared his throat and ran a hand through his gray-colored locks, trying to find a way to divert everyone's attention. "we should celebrate. the school year is almost over."

soobin asked, "today?... i don't know about today..."

yeonjun angled his head. "why would you not know if you can hang out today with us or not?"

"well, daehwi invited me to this thing after school... i'm not sure exactly what," soobin answered nervously, looking to the others for help.

beomgyu raised his eyebrows and shrugged, as if to say, 'you're on your own, buddy', which made soobin wonder why they even let beomgyu know about their relationship in the first place if he wasn't going to be very helpful.

taehyun spoke up then. "that's fine, soobin hyung. my parents were gonna take me out after school anyway. we have a week-long break from school, though, right? how about we just wait a little?"

"yeah, plus, there'd be a lot of people out and about celebrating and stuff right now, 'cause everyone's done with midterms," kai agreed. "this is why taehyun's the smartie!" he grinned and looked at taehyun with awe.

if they had agreed on any plans that afternoon, they would have needed to be rescheduled, because soobin received a red slip during their class in health anyway.

they were in the middle of reading about deseases and plagues and other gross stuff in the textbook when the teacher dropped the red slip on soobin's desk. red slips were for detention.

"aw, what'd i do now," soobin said loudly in annoyance. "i swear, i can't even breathe at this school. they've got it out for me."

ms. waeng shrugged. "hey, i'm just the messenger. i'll let you leave two minutes early to go serve."

yeonjun leaned over to read the slip. it explained that this was the last detention soobin had to serve for the missing assignments; the detentions had been postponed during testing week.

therefore, two minutes before the class ended, ms. waeng let soobin leave, true to her promise. yeonjun whispered harshly, "i'll wait for you-!" but it was possible soobin couldn't hear the whisper over the loud noises of everyone starting to pack up their things.

yeonjun sat back down and slowly placed everything in his backpack, feeling uneasy. there were more eyes looking at him this time, and many of them didn't look away when yeonjun caught them.

at one point, yeonjun even caught felix staring at him. felix also did not look away, and he looked... concerned. yeonjun held his gaze firmly, wondering if he could learn from felix's eyes why suddenly everyone was staring at him.