[ ☃️¹⁰ ] winter season.

"and, uh, those are the very important food groups, apparently," yeonjun finished, turning to look at the class in front of them.

soobin did awkward jazz hands and daehwi shook his head.

the teacher sighed and said, "well, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. thank you for going first. you may sit down now."

the class erupted in noise again as they decided whether or not their group was going to go next.

"why did we go first," daehwi groaned.

yeonjun crossed his arms across his chest, frowning. soobin rubbed his temples, and said, "that was the worst presentation ever."

"it would have been better if you had spoken your part out loud instead of freezing up and making me do it," yeonjun snapped.

soobin argued, "i told you, i can't do presentations in front of people. i'm still shaking, and i barely even said my name."

"anyway," daehwi diverted the conversation in hopes of avoiding another argument, "what are your plans for winter break?"

"are you joking?" yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "it's not even november yet."

"so?" daehwi said defensively, "thinking of winter break is the only thing keeping me from going insane and burning down this place."

yeonjun smoldered. "you'd actually do that, wouldn't you?"

"be nice," soobin found himself warning yeonjun, and actually putting a hand on his arm as if holding him back.

yeonjun stopped with the mean looks and went silent, which surprised soobin. daehwi kept his eyes on the clock in the room, silently counting down the minutes until the class would be over.

when the bell rang to end the period, everyone rushed out the door, but yeonjun and soobin were the only ones that slowly got up.

"hey, daehwi, why is everyone running?" soobin stopped the redhead before he could also rush out the door.

daehwi asked in an incredulous tone, "did you not pay attention to the assembly?"

soobin swallowed a lump in his throat. "uh, well... my teammates were talking the whole time," he sputtered defensively.

daehwi sighed and shook his head. yeonjun walked up to them and stared directly at soobin's face, a pouty look on his own.

"if we get to our dorms directly after school, and stay in them until school the next day, for a whole week, the principal said he can give us some after school privileges for those with good grades and stuff," daehwi explained, "you know, the kind of privileges mostly those in their last year get."

soobin nodded and thanked daehwi for the information. the three of them walked out of the classroom, but daehwi actually ran off and left soobin and yeonjun behind.

"do you think the security guards will actually check if each dorm has the people it should?" soobin looked to yeonjun.

yeonjun thought for a second. "what are you suggesting?"

soobin said nonchalantly, "well, uh, nothing, really..."

yeonjun hopped up and down. "come on, that's really mean; now i'm super curious!! tell me, pretty please~!"

there actually was nothing planned. a few minutes later, they lay together on soobin's bed, arms around each other, laughing about their memories of their childhood together.

"omg, remember the bike?" yeonjun laughed. "i'm still so sorry."

soobin shook his head. "it took me months to even look at a bike again."