[ 🏷²³ ] suspended.

"just because it was a free period, i'm letting you off with a warning," vice principal choi chided them. "now, please don't do it again."

soobin sighed as they left the office. "i was so worried we'd actually get in trouble."

before yeonjun could comment, the secretary stopped them. "you two... you're supposed to be with mr. lee and the others. someone was supposed to call you up."

soobin felt his skin crawl. he asked, "where are they?"

"in the detention hall," she informed them. "i'm... sorry."

as they walked away, yeonjun grumbled, "why should she be sorry? and, what the hell, we better not get in trouble for not showing up for detention; no one called us up."

soobin looked queasy. "do you really think we'll get detention?"

yeonjun immediately switched his words, "i mean, no i don't think we'll get detention. we weren't even a part of the fight, you know?"

but, they were not so lucky.

mr. lee frowned upon their arrival. "soobin choi. yeonjun choi. thank you for gracing us with your presence."

they were stunned to find wonwoo sitting at a desk in the back corner of the room, snickering with the two boys who had been a part of the fight. one of them had a black eye, and the other a bandaged head.

"isn't the vice principal supposed to be in charge of detentions," yeonjun questioned, noticing the way hyunjin and seungmin were making "cut it out" motions only until he had finished his sentence.

mr. lee smoldered. "i'll be handling this one. everyone here has served their first day of punishment. you two, however, will be held responsible for trying to avoid it."

he picked up a clipboard and flipped through a few pages. yeonjun and soobin started to move to sit down. a cackle cut off their progress.

"looks like one of you is at their fifth detention," he hummed gleefully. "soobin, are you aware of the consequences? that constitutes a suspension."

soobin then brought it upon himself to speak. "with all due respect sir, why are yeonjun and i being punished? we were the ones that called the teacher over. we never participated in anything."

mr. lee glowered. "did you really think you could keep it a secret?"

soobin looked to yeonjun in panic. was he talking about...?

mr. lee walked over to the phone in a corner of the room with heavy, stomping steps. "i'll be calling your parents, soobin. they must be notified of your suspension immediately."

yeonjun heard mr. lee use the phone. he listened while he left a message for soobin's parents. he saw mr. lee hang up the phone.

he witnessed it all but couldn't believe it.

while mr. lee was on the phone, seungmin and hyunjin glumly explained that minho and chris had been expelled. jongho had just been picked up a few minutes ago by his parents; he and wooyoung were suspended, too.

but, through it all, yeonjun could see how soobin seemed numb to his surroundings. he sat in the chair and stared blankly at the floor, his face void of emotion.

yeonjun knew this was soobin's worst nightmare. he didn't want this to happen. but he was helpless to stop it.

so, yeonjun watched as the security guards arrived for soobin and were told to take him out to the office and wait for his parents to show up.

and through it all, soobin never protested, never said a word, never looked at anyone.

though yeonjun tried calling out to him, he never once seemed to acknowledge it.