[ ❤️²² ] i love you.

yeonjun whispered, "what? don't look at me like that."

"what are we gonna do now," soobin also whispered.

kai was sound asleep between them. after a grueling half-hour interrogation in which yeonjun and soobin had questioned him about how he felt, kai announced he was sleepy and promptly fell asleep.

yeonjun questioned, "what do you mean what are we gonna do? let him sleep!"

"but... in our room?"

"oh my god. soobin are you pouting?!"

soobin didn't stop, though a smile started to fight its way onto his face. "no. maybe."

yeonjun gasped. "i want to take a picture of you right now-"

"no!"

with soobin's sudden shout, kai jolted awake, opening his eyes.

"oh no kai, i'm sorry," soobin apologized.

kai yawned. "oh, i'm fine. you're okay... i'm gonna go now." he sat up and stretched. "oh, wait." he turned around to grin at them slyly. "you guys are just as cute together as i thought you'd be."

"wait what-!" yeonjun jumped up, starting to rush kai, who quickly sprinted out of their room. upon this, he immediately turned to soobin, who dug himself a hiding spot under the blankets. "how does he know?! didn't you only tell the soccer team?!"

soobin said meekly from under the blankets, "according to the team, we aren't that good at hiding anyway."

he let out a loud oof as yeonjun jumped onto him, pawing at the blanket until he uncovered soobin. "do you understand what that means?"

soobin's smile slowly dropped from his face. "no..?"

yeonjun tapped his fingers together. "can you hold my hand in the hallways now?"

"i'll do whatever you want in the hallways," soobin said without much thought. "as long as you don't get bullied for it."

yeonjun was silent, pensive for a few seconds. a huge smile spread through his face. "oh, anything?"

"i really don't like that evil look on your face," soobin said truthfully.

||

"take off the hat," yeonjun tugged at the one on soobin's head.

soobin was flushed. "i'm so embarrassed."

"don't be; it's cute," yeonjun insisted.

taehyun and beomgyu stood beside them, eyes wide with curiosity. they were standing beside the entrance to the school's cafeteria.

"fine," soobin huffed, then yanked off his hat, revealing knots of ribbon tied into his hair.