[ 👾⁹ ] f in the chat.

and the next morning, everyone found themselves attending a mandatory assembly for the whole student body.

the principal, a man named mr. lee, spoke on how the security guards had broken up a party.

"the people responsible are being punished," mr. lee explained, "and since we have had such a terrible problem with people switching rooms and having parties, there will now be a stricter form of enforcement for these rules. this is not 'party' school and you are not here to fool around."

beomgyu leaned over to whisper, "hey, junie-hyung. sorry we didn't answer yesterday, we were all asleep. what happened? why were you crying?"

yeonjun didn't answer. his eyes were puffy and bloodshot, and he hadn't even cared enough to fix up his uniform, which was hanging lazily on him.

he looked around the auditorium and tried to find soobin. the principal had explained that the ones that had been caught were sent home for some time.

yeonjun hoped soobin had not gotten caught; ever since a young age soobin had been terrified of getting in trouble with his parents.

but, towards the back of the auditorium, was soobin, who was also looking around for yeonjun while he sat with his other soccer teammates, those who had not been caught.

seungmin shook his head. "poor minho had no chance. it was his and jisung's room, so they both got suspended. maybe even expelled, who knows?"

"and jaemin, hyuck, and mark also got caught," hyunjin supplied, sliding down farther in his seat. "and a lot of the guys on bench were caught, actually."

soobin thanked his lucky stars seungmin had helped him escape in the few moments before the security guards had taken absolute control of the room.

they'd ran right to the closest room they could think of, which had been wooyoung and san's dorm.

although grumpy about sharing their space, the two had forfeited a good night's sleep in order to shelter them for some time.

they had been pretty lucky.

"at least yesterday was our last game, so we don't have to worry about playing with most of our team gone," lucas shrugged.

"but, seriously, why did we get in so much trouble," seungmin asked with a sour look on his face. "we're not even close to being the worst. the volleyball dudes are crazy, too."

"volleyball kids?" hyunjin shook his head. "the basketball team is party central; remember last year? i'm surprised they never got caught."

jongho gritted his teeth. "this school loves their dumbass basketball team. they're biased against us 'cuz they ain't us."

"i miss minho," hyunjin suddenly sighed.

"and everyone else," lucas grinned as he added that as a reminder.

"sure," hyunjin agreed half-heartedly.

after an eternity it seemed, soobin finally caught yeonjun's eye for a moment. yeonjun had quickly turned away, and soobin wondered if those were tears he had seen.

just to be safe, maybe he should avoid sitting with his friends for some time, he figured.

after the assembly, soobin panicked as he felt two pairs of arms suddenly wrap around him and squeeze.

at least, that was until he saw they belonged to daehwi and woong.

woong huffed, "soobin! we were so worried when they said the soccer team was being punished for the party! what happened?!"