Chapter 5

"Entrapta, maybe we should get going?" Kyle said. "It's getting dark... won't the others be worried?"

"Just give me a minuet," Entrapta said, waving her hand dismissively. She was examining a particularly strange looking piece of tech. Kyle wasn't sure why every piece of First-One's scrap mettle was an amazing discovery. He definitely didn't know why every piece of First-One's tech deserved to have five more of their precious time wasted on admiring them. Not only were the other team members probably waiting for them, but all the tech he was holding was getting heaver by the minuet. He thought he might collapse under the weight. 

At least he didn't have to carry the sword. Even Entrapta had had a hard time lifting it. Kyle didn't think he'd have been able to get it out of the ground. The sword looked a lot like She-Ra's sword. That was the one Adora carried. Kyle had seen her lift that thing one handed. Kyle had known Adora was strong, but she was on a whole different level of strong.

There were some differences between the two swords. She-Ra's sword had been slightly smaller than this one, and She-Ra's sword had had a gem in the hilt. It honestly looked more fancy, and by the look of it, her sword was a lot newer. Judging by the fact that the sword was covered in moss and dirt, it probably hadn't been used in years- maybe centuries. 

"Okidoki! That one's a keeper, but we don't need this part," Entrapta said, breaking of a bent pipe. Then she tossed it at Kyle. Kyle tried to catch it, but he missed and it hit him in the knuckles. "OW!!"

"Whopse. Sorry about that Kyle," Entrapta said, turning to leave.

They walked about five paces before Entrapta stopped again. There was a big ravien below them, almost a mile deep. "There's something stuck in the cliff over there- I think it might be more tech!"

Kyle groaned. "Can we leave it? We don't have time for this."

"Here, Kyle. Hold onto this for me, while I go down and have a look." She handed him the sword. He gulped, and grabbed it from her. It immediately hit the floor. He leaned it against a tree.

"Don't go anywhere," Entrapta said. "I'll be back in a jiffy!"

Kyle was too tired to hold the bag any longer. It was getting unbearably heavy. He slid it off his shoulders and dropped it onto the ground beside him, then he flopped down next to a tree. Why had he been paired up with Entrapta of all people? He wold have preferred Scorpia or even Catra over her. At least they didn't take unnecessary detours.

He sighed. Entrapta was taking a long time down there. Maybe she couldn't get the tech out of the rock? If that was the case, maybe he wouldn't have to carry it? That was a happy thought.

Kyle glanced over at the sword. Was it his imagination, or was the sword... glowing? He moved closer. It seemed to be getting brighter as he moved toward it. Tentatively, he placed a finger on the hilt of the sword.

Suddenly, there was a barrage of images flooding through his head all at once. She-Ra, lying on the ground. Shadow-Weaver, surrounded in a ring of darkness. A buff looking man standing in a loincloth looking out over a mountain. Then the man turned to him, eyes glowing. The man turned into a purple woman with long white hair. 

The woman spoke. "Young man, I know not who you are, but Etheria is in great danger. If something is not done soon, then the planet may die. Pleas, I beg you, will you fight for Etheria? Will you fight by the power of Grey-Skull?"

Kyle didn't know what the woman was talking about. Power of Grey-Skull? How could Kyle fight by someone else's power? He didn't have any power himself.

"Why me?" Kyle asked the woman.

"You were the only one I could reach."

What did that mean?

"Please, young man. Ethiria hangs on the edge. You must fight. You have the power."

Kyle considered that. I have the power, huh?

And then, everything went dark. There was no more Light-Hope. There was no more voice. There was only black.

Kyle had fainted.