Chapter 4 (...Again...)

"ADORA!!" Bow shouted into the woods. Where had she gone? Why now? She'd just up and vanished two days ago, and still she wasn't back. That wasn't like her.

"Ugh, give it a rest Bow. She's probably off doing some She-Ra mumbo-jumbo. We shouldn't even have to be out looking for her."

Bow shook his head. "She's never been gone this long before."

"Whatever! I can think of a hundred far more useful ways to spend my time than looking for a girl who disappears on a regular basis. Let's just go back home."

Bow rolled his eyes. Glimmer was his friend, but she had no patience for anything monotonous. To be fair, he had woken her up pretty early, and they'd been traipsing through the woods for two hours now... and their search wasn't turning up any leads

"I'm going to keep looking, but you can go home if you want," Bow said, turning to leave.

Glimmer threw her arms up. "Fine, whatever! Keep looking for Adora if you want, but it's a lost cause." Than she flickered and vanished.

Bow had known it had been a mistake to bring Glimmer along. She had had it pretty rough for the past few weeks, and he knew she was becoming frustrated with her new responsibilities as the leader of the rebellion. Ever since her mom had gone missing... and now Adora was gone too. 

Bow had known the whispering woods were a lost cause before he'd started searching. There was no way Adora was in the forest; the only times she had disappeared in the wood was when she was speaking with Light-Hope. But that wasn't the case this time. Glimmer told Bow he was just being paranoid, but Adora had been gone too long. Bow was sure she was in trouble. 

And if Adora was in trouble, there was one place where he may find answers. He hadn't wanted to go there; he'd hoped against all reasonable hope that he might find any other lead.... but there really was no escaping the fact. Adora was in trouble, and no one knew how to dish out trouble better than the hoard.

He'd already asked the bandits, Seahawk, and the other princesses. None of them knew anything. The only place he could think of to look was the hoard base. He didn't like it, but what else was he supposed to do? He'd already wasted enough time. And Adora was far more than a friend. The fate of Etheria rested on her shoulders. If she wasn't there to carry that burden, than there was no future for Etheria. The fate of the world was at steak if she wasn't found, and time was running out.