Chapter 7

"You're... what?" Bow asked. Kyle didn't look crazy to him.

"I don't know. I think I'm seeing and hearing things that aren't there." Kyle was still eyeing the sword,

"Like what?" Kyle was having audible hallucinations? 

"I don't know. Voices? Purple ladies?" Kyle shook his head. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

Bow nodded, still confused. Purple ladies? Kyle was definitely hallucinating. Why was he seeing purple ladies? And all of this had to do with the sword... how? 

"There was a flash of light right before I found you... What was that?" 

Kyle looked up. "You saw that?" He seemed to be working something out. "So that part wasn't a hallucination at least.

"Um, yeah... I still don't know what you're talking about," Bow said, squinting at Kyle. Maybe Kyle was a talking hallucination. That might explain some things.

"Oh, right. Sorry. The the sword... well it kinda... it started glowing." Kyle stared at the sword as if he expected it to demonstrate. It didn't.

"It started glowing," Bow repeated.

Kyle shrugged. "Yeah. Maybe the light was too bright and I started having hallucinations?"

"Audible hallucinations?" Bow asked skeptically.

"I don't know!" Kyle put his face in his hands. "I'm just really confused right now. I don't know what's going on with me right now, and I don't know if I'm going crazy, or if I'm hallucinating, or anything! And I don't know if I'm supposed to do something, or if I should listen to the voices I heard-" he cut off and brought his knees up to his face, burying his face in them.

Bow felt kind of bad for him. Kyle wasn't a bad person. Bow had learned not to put labels on people from the hoard. Maybe the hoard was messed up, but Kyle didn't seem like the sort of person who would purposefully hurt anyone. Bow wasn't even sure the kid was capable of hurting anyone. After all, Adora hadn't been so bad. She didn't even realize what she'd been doing was wrong. She'd been just as confused as Kyle was now right before she became She-Ra....

Wait. Glowing swords. Purple ladies. Voices? All of that had happened to Adora when she had learned she was She-Ra. What if... 

"Kyle?"

Kyle looked up. His eyes were slightly watery, as if he'd been crying. That was Awkward. 

"What did the voices say to you?"

Kyle fiddled with the rope on his wrists uncomfortably. "The purple lady said Etheria was in trouble, and that I had to save it somehow."

Bow couldn't believe it. There was no way.

"That's what I don't get. I mean, why me? I've never done anything  noteworthy in my whole life, and now I'm supposed to save the world or whatever? I must be going crazy if I heard anyone ask me for help." He looked over at the sword again, then looked back up at Bow. "What's wrong? You look like you're going to be sick." Kyle's face went pale. "Oh no. Don't be sick. Please don't be sick."

It was to much. There was no way... but it all made sense. Bow had to be sure. "Did the lady tell you what her name was?"

Kyle nodded. "She called herself Light-Hope."

That confirmed it. It made no sense, but it was the only explanation. Nothing else made sense. Bow took a deep breath and looked up at Kyle, very seriously. "Kyle," he said, "I think... you're a princess."