Chapter 24

Kyle looked at Bow, wondering why he looked so relived. 

"I'm so glad you're awake," Bow said. "I was starting to get worried."

Kyle frowned. "You were worried about me?"

Bow raised an eyebrow. "Of course I was. You lost a lot of blood. Don't scare me like that."

He'd lost blood? Kyle sat up, then gasped as he felt a sharp pain in his side. He looked down. His side was wrapped in bandages. Why did his side hurt so much?

"Hey, don't get up. You need to rest. You got stabbed pretty badly."

Kyle pressed his hand into his temple. He didn't remember getting stabbed.

"Shadow-Weaver busted you up pretty badly. What happened back there?"

Kyle stared at him. He didn't remember fighting Shadow-Weaver. What was going on?

"Hey, Kyle? You doing okay?" then Bow slapped his head as if it were a stupid question.

"I... don't know."

Bow looked at him quizzically. "What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't remember fighting Shadow-Weaver."

Bow tilted his head. "Who else could have hurt you that badly?"

Kyle shook his head. "I don't know. I don't know how I got injured." He frowned. "And what do you mean by 'who else could have hurt me'? I'm sure just about anyone could do that."

Bow stared at Kyle as if he were the strangest thing he'd ever seen. "Do you... are you joking? You are joking, right?"

Kyle looked at him very seriously. "No."

"Those shadows couldn't even touch you earlier."

"What shadows?"

"The one's you blew up with your sword!"

"What sword?! I don't have any idea what you're even talking about!"

Bow looked as confused as Kyle felt. "You must have some sort of amnesia. But that comes with head injuries, not stab wounds." He seemed to think on this a while, but the longer he stayed silent, the more troubled he looked. Finally, he buried his face in his hands and moaned, "I'm so confused."

"You're confused? I don't even know what I've been doing up 'till now. And, I have no idea where I am right now!" Kyle felt himself starting to panic. "This doesn't look like the hoard base to me... am I in rebellion territory?"

Bow looked at him desperately. "What do you remember?"

"I remember tripping over Lonnie back at the hoard base. I think Catra said we were going on a mission or something, but- AGH! I don't even remember that! What is going on Bow?"

"I'm trying to figure that out. So, you don't remember the Whispering Woods? Or finding the sword? Or coming to Bright-Moon? Or-"

"BRIGHT-MOON?!" Kyle shouted. That was the last place he wanted to be.

"Calm down. You're not in danger here. So you really don't remember any of that stuff?"

Kyle shook his head.

Bow got up.

"Where are you going?" Kyle asked.

"I need to talk to Glimmer," Bow said. And with that he left the room.

Kyle stared at the door he'd just exited from. Who was Glimmer?