Chapter 1 (Again)

A high pitched cackle rang out through the walls of castle Eternia. The king stood, alerted by the sound. There was no mistaking that laugh. 

"Randor?" the queen said uncertainly.

The king turned from his throne to the man at his left. "Man-At-Arms, I need you to go and speak with the sorceress. Only you know where to find her."

"Is it him?" The man asked the king. 

"Yes," the king answered. "There can be no mistake."

The man dipped his head, then turned and left the throne room and left the palace to another far more ancient castle that stood on a hill. Castle Grey-Skull. It was old enough that it should have fallen apart before. It was magic that held its walls together. Magic of the sorceress herself, who lived there ever since a fierce battle twenty years ago. It was rumored that there was more than the sorceresses magic holding the castle together.

The man entered the castle. "Sorceress!" he called into the castles echoing halls. 

"I am here." A woman stepped out into the light. She carried a staff and wore a cape of feathers and a crown in the shape of a birds talons. She had a grim expression on her face.

"Sorceress, there's trouble. It's Keldor."

She dipped her head. "Not only him. He has joined forces with a shadow witch who is not of this land."

"A witch?" the man repeated in alarm.

"Yes. And a powerful one at that. But fear not. Their target is not Eternia or Grey-Skull. They have already left."

The man didn't seem relived by the news. "Where is their target?"

"Etheria."

"Our sister planet?" the man asked. "We must stop them."

"Again, my friend, worry not. I have already sent them help."

"Of what nature is this help you speak of?" the man asked the sorceress.

"A sword. A blade of ultimate power and righteousness to cut down evil and bring it to it's knees."

The man stepped back. "The Power Sword? But who will wield it?"

"Don't worry about that, friend. I have placed the sword in good hands."

And then the woman vanished into the dark castle, leaving her words echoing around the halls in lingering hope. The man turned from the castle and left.