Chapter 6

The hoard base was within sight, but Bow had no idea how to get inside. Here he was, standing in front of the gates of the evil hoard, with no plan whatsoever as to how he might get inside. Standing behind a rock, in front of the gates. He felt like an idiot. Of course the entrance would be guarded. Why wouldn't it be? After all, even Brightmoon was heavily guarded, and the hoard had far more people to spare. 

Then he heard the voices. A hoard squadron was approaching. He ducked behind a rock heart racing. Had they seen him. He stayed, frozen, behind the rock for a few terrified heart beats, holding his breath. But nobody seemed to have realized he was there. Finally, Bow dared to peak out at the approaching soldiers. They were speaking in loud voices to one another as they walked.

"Man, what a boring job."

"I know, right? Can't Hordak get someone else to do these lame jobs?"

"Would you rather be out fighting princesses?"

"Well... no."

Bow examined the soldiers as they passed. He was getting an idea as to how he might get inside the base. He waited quietly until the soldiers passed by—all but one. While the others were emmersed in conversation, he pulled the soldier back behind the rock. The soldier yelped in surprise. Bow hitt him hard over the head with his bow, which nocked him unconscious.

                                                                                        ————

There was a shout from behind them. Ilia turned, but she saw nobody. "Hey, where'd Reggi go?" She looked over at Vex, who shook his head. "Reggi?! Are you playing me or something?"

"He was right behind us... wasn't he?" Vex looked scared as he spoke. 

"Reggi! Come on man, this isn't funny."

Vex leand in to her. "D' ya think maybe one of them rebellion blokes go 'im?"

"Don't be ridiculous. This is probably his idea of a practical joke. Yo know how he can be." Ilia, despite her claims, was also feeling a little uneasy. "Reggi!"

There was a sound from behind a large rock. A sort of rustling sound. "Reggi?"

A person emerged from behind the rock, wearing the uniform of the hoard. Ilia relaxed. "Darn it Rejji, you Jerk. D' you think that was funny?" 

He shrugged. "Maybe a bit..."

His voice sounded odd—a bit lower then normal. "Whatever. Let's just get inside."

Illia turned to leave, and Bow, dressed as a hoard soldier, followed behind, leaving Reggi unconscious behind the rock.