Chapter 9

Catra put stared down into the now empty screen in disbelief. Entrapta wanted them to leave without her? She really was nuts. 

She put down the port and started up the skiffs engine. 

"What are ya' doing?" Lonnie asked Catra, sounding concerned.

"Entrapta told us to leave, so we'll leave." It would mean coming back to the hoard empty handed, but they really didn't have much of a choice. She'd make up some story, say the whole mission was a dud. 

"What about Kyle? I mean, Entrapta'll be fine, but do you think he'll be okay if we just leave 'im?" Lonnie looked genuinely concerned.

"Who cares? It's his fault we're leaving here without the artifact," Catra said. " Besides, what's he ever really done for the team?"

The others were quiet. None of them had an answer for that.

"Yeah, but I feel bad leaving him here," Scorpia said, looking uncomfortable. "Kyle's weak at best, but if we leave him here, there's no coming back for him. He won't last the night."

"That's not our problem," Catra said indignantly. She felt slightly bad too, but she wasn't about to risk her life to save a useless team member. "Right now, we just need to leave. The sun's already gone down, and we need to hurry back. Let's just trust that Entrapta knows what she's doing."

The other team members nodded.

"Alright, then. Rogelio, you take the wheel. You know the way back, right?" Catra asked.

Rogelio nodded.

"Good. I'm gonna get some sleep. It's been a long day."