Chapter 11

Glimmer woke from a long nap, feeling refreshed. She wondered if Bow had gotten back yet. Maybe she should have gone with him to look for Adora. He'd seemed really worried. Glimmer couldn't fathom why. After all, Adora had gone missing on multiple occasions, sometimes for days at a time. There was no point in worrying. Right?

Glimmer got out of bed and dressed. She looked around at her room. It was a disaster. Maybe she should have cleaned it sooner. After all, it was a terrible mess. There wasn't a single patch of floor visible under the piles of clothes, books and other things she'd let build up over the last few months. She sighed, and started sifting through the mess. 

There was a knock on the door. "Princess Glimmer! Your mother would like a word with you!"

Glimmer groaned. It was about the mission to find Adora. No doubt her mom wanted to know about their progress. "I'll be down in a minuet!" she called back. She stuffed the books she was holding onto a shelf and ported. If only cleaning her room was as easy as traveling.

"You called for me, mom?" Glimmer said, bowing.

"Yes, I did," Angela said. She looked as stern as ever. "So, how did the mission go?"

"Lousy," glimmer growled. "Not a sign of her anywhere. I wish she'd stop disappearing like this."

"So you weren't able to find She-Ra?" Angela repeated.

Glimmer shook her head.

"I see." Angela looked troubled. "Well, I thank you for trying at least. I suppose there's nothing left to do but wait and hope that she comes back soon."

"Yeah," Glimmer said. Then she started. "That reminds me. Is Bow back yet?"

"I... haven't seen him."

Glimmer bit her lip. Why didn't he just give up already? "He decided to keep looking for Adora. He seems to think she's in mortal danger. I'm still not sure why."

"Maybe his theory has merit. We can't rule that possibility out entirely." Angela looked at Glimmer very seriously.

"Yeah, well, what's the point in worrying anyway? If she hasn't come back yet, then she hasn't come back. We'll just wait for her until she comes back."

"True, worrying won't do us any good," Angela said. She seemed to think on this a long time. "Thank you for you're service Glimmer. You're dismissed."

Glimmer turned to leave, when a guard came running into the thrown room. "You're Majesty, Bow has returned!"

"That's... good news?" Angela looked confused. Glimmer couldn't blame her. Bow was great and all, but it wasn't a big deal. He came to the castle all the time. He had been just a few hours ago.

"And he's not alone. He brought someone with him; I think he's a hoard soldier!"

Angela stood. "Bring them in."

The guard bowed, then left, returning seconds later with a very serious Bow and a nervous looking hoard soldier that Glimmer vaguely recognized from Catra's main force. 

Bow knelled. The hoard soldier did the same. "Your Majesty," Bow said, "I've just returned from the Whispering Woods."

"I see. Pleas stand, and tell me what it is you're doing with another hoard soldier."

Bow nodded. He gestured at the boy, who looked terrified. "This is Kyle. And, as you mentioned earlier, he is from the hoard."

Angela nodded. Glimmer looked closely at the boy, trying to guess why Bow had brought him to the castle.

"I found him in the forest, along with this." Bow held out a large sword that was caked with dirt. Glimmer raised her eyebrows at it, but Angela seemed to be far more interested. "May I see it?" 

Bow nodded and handed her the sword. She examined it for a long time, before finally saying, "This sword isn't Etherian."

Bow started. "It's not?"

"No..." she looked at it closely. "It appears to be from another planet all together."

Glimmer frowned. "Do you know which planet?"

"I'm not sure." Angela shook her head and handed the sword back to Bow. "Please, continue."

Bow looked over at Kyle. "Did you want to tell her what happened?"

Kyle seemed to think about this, before he shook his head.

Bow sighed. "I'm don't know all the details, but in simplest terms, Kyle... he saw Light-Hope."

Glimmer took a step back. "He- he did?" she looked over at the boy. "You saw Light-Hope?"

Kyle looked at her and nodded. A lot of the previous fear had left from him. He still looked nervous, but not nearly as much as before.

 "He says Light-Hope told him to protect Etheria," Bow said.

Angela turned her attention to Kyle. "Is this all true?"

Kyle nodded again. "Light-Hope told me that Etheria is in danger. She sounded really desperate."

"Up to this moment, we've only needed the assistance of She-Ra," Angela said. "It is strange that Light-Hope should now send us a new hero."

Kyle shook his head. "I'm not a hero. Like I said, Light-Hope sounded desperate."

"But she sent you to us, did she not?" Angela was looking at Kyle with concern.

Kyle looked very serious when he spoke again. "Before I saw met Light-Hope, she sowed me something. There was an Image of She-Ra... she was lying on the ground. I think that might mean something."

Bow looked shocked. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I was kind of preoccupied with the whole purple lady thing."

Angela sat back down. "She-Ra must be in grave danger. Kyle, you may be our only hope of retrieving her."

Bow nodded. Then he turned to Kyle. Glimmer was completely and utterly confused by the spectacle before her. everything had happened so fast.

Bow went to his knees. "Kyle, I know we're asking a lot, but we need your help."