~Just friends~ Zane Hijazi

Pre Relationship

It was a typical night over at David's, Carly and Erin sat at the island in the kitchen and edited their video, while the boys did stupid things for David's video throughout the house. Natalie and you were sitting on his couch in the living room, watching Bridesmaids and talking about who knows what. 

You loved these types of nights, where everyone was together and having a good time. You didn't know what everyone had in store for tonight though. David rushed out of his bedroom, making sure his camera was pointed on you.

"Y/n, wanna play spin the bottle with Zane for $100?" You sat there and considered for a second. On one hand you could win $100 but on the other you would have to kiss Zane, your best friend. You didn't see Zane as anything more, even though everyone who watched the videos said hey shipped you guys and everyone in the group constantly tried to set you two up.

"Oh my god, why are you guys always trying to set Zane and I up?!" You groaned, throwing your head back as Natalie paused the movie, knowing that this would go on for about twenty minutes.

"Come on, it's a $100." You knew you could use the hundred, even though you had a good stable job. 

"Fine, fine. Let's just get this over with." You noticed Zane's face was a little down. and you wondered to yourself why he wasn't putting on the act of being excited like he usually did for the vlogs. 

David explained to the camera that if the bottle cap landed on me then I would win $100 dollars, but if it landed on Zane then he and I would have to kiss. I watched as Zane's face grew sadder as the boys chipped in jokes about the two of us possibly having to kiss. Before I could ask him if he was okay, David was reaching over to spin the bottle. 

We all watched as the bottle spun around about four times before slowly landing on Zane. I watched as everyone's eyes grew wide, especially Zane's. Heath started hitting Zane on the chest, cheering loudly as the others joined in. You rolled your eyes, standing up from your seat to sit by Zane.

"You don't have to do this." Zane muttered. You weren't sure what was wrong with him because you both knew that David would hold it against you if you didn't do this. 

"Zane, it's just a kiss." He nodded before taking a deep breath. 

"I can't believe this is happening." David cheered. You wrapped your hands around Zane's neck before turning your head to face David.

"You better get a good shot, I'm only doing this once." You mentioned, before turning back to Zane. You leaned into him and went to peck his lips but Zane apparently had a different idea of what kiss this was. He held your head and kissed you passionately, your eyes were wide open as you were shocked by his actions. 

Eventually when Zane pulled away, he met your shocked expression as well as everyone else's. No one was expecting Zane to do that, they all knew that Zane had a crush on you but no one knew how big that crush was but now they sure did.

"Zane, what the fuck was that?" You tried to raise your voice to a yell, but you were still so shocked by his behavior. Zane didn't answer you though, he quickly stood up and walked out into the backyard. You sat there, processing what just happened in your mind.

"I didn't think he was gonna do that. I thought he was just gonna peck you." David mentioned.

"I didn't know he liked her that much." You heard Heath whisper to Jason, causing you to turn immediately.

"You what?!" You screamed at Heath. You looked around at everyone's uncomfortable expressions. They all looked at one another, no one wanting to speak up.

"I think you should go talk to Zane." Was all Heath could say. You were quick to your feet, making your way to the backyard where Zane stood, looking over the balcony.

You awkwardly stood by one another for a few seconds before you decided to speak up.

"Zane, what was that?" You questioned once again. Zane didn't answer again, he just stood there refusing to make eye contact. 

You stood there and waited for an explanation from him, but he obviously wasn't going to give you one so you started to speak again.

"That was kinda weird, Zane. I mean, I don't think friends kiss like that," You started but Zane scoffed which caused you to stop talking.

"You don't get it Y/n, I don't want to be just friends. I'm in love with you and I have been since I met you. Everyone comments on how we would be the perfect couple, everyone can see it, everyone but you. I don't get it, how can you not see how madly in love I am with you?" You stood there, shocked at what he just confessed. 

"Zane, I'm so sorry. I just, I don't see you more than anything but a friend." You whispered. You didn't think, you just quickly ran inside and grabbed your things before walking out to your car and driving away.

You didn't know how to handle what Zane had told you, you just knew you needed a break away from him.