~Losin Control~ Jeff Wittek (Lyric Series)

Song: Losin' Control by Russ

She's fallin' in love now, losin' control now
Fightin' the truth, tryin' to hide
But I think it's alright, girl
Yeah, I think it's alright, girl
She's fallin' in love now, losin' control now
Fightin' the truth, tryin' to hide
But I think it's alright, girl
Yeah, I think it's alright, girl

You watched him from across the restaurant, taking notice of the way his head fell back as he laughed at the jokes his friends told. You couldn't help but watch him. There was something about him, something that drew you to him. He eventually caught you staring at him, causing a blush to creep quickly to your cheeks. A few minutes passed before you noticed him excuse himself from the table, only to find him pulling out the empty chair that sat next to you.

"Hi, I'm Jeff." His husky voice drew you into him immediately.

She's falling but she doesn't think he'll catch her
'Cause her last relationship was a disaster
Accusations everyday she didn't know why
All her calls would be ignored he's on his own time

Jeff later invited you to join his table, since your boyfriend had currently stood you up for your anniversary dinner. You soon found yourself forgetting about the anniversary dinner and how your boyfriend had ignored dozens of your calls. At least, you forgot until you arrived at your shared apartment later that evening.

Shoulda ended it before it started
All she ever got was broken hearted
He was cheating on her tryna' flip it
Back on her like a victim
Now she all alone and starting over
Now she got baggage on her shoulder
But the new guy really loves her
She loves him, but she doesn't trust herself anymore

The sounds echoed through the hallway, soon to haunt your memory for months. You quietly snuck your way to the bedroom and made sure not to make a sound. Throwing the door open you found your boyfriend of to years on top of his coworker. Instead of apologizing and claiming that it "wasn't what it looked like", he only screamed at you for interrupting them and told you to get out.

Tears rushed down your face, you scanned your phone in search for someone to get you. You noticed you couldn't call anyone, your friends stopped hanging out with you because they claimed that your boyfriend was no good for you and you of course refused to believe them. Your head was in your palms when a familiar voice called out your name. Glancing up, you met eyes with Jeff, who was sitting in the passenger seat of some fancy car with his friends crammed inside.

"Are you okay? Do you need a ride somewhere?" His voice was sincere, and his brown eyes were soft as they watched you wipe away your tears.

"Uh. Well, I don't want to be a bother. You're probably really busy." You began to ramble but the boy with shaggy brown hair, whose name you had already forgotten, interrupted you.

"Nonsense, Y/n. Hop in, I'll drive you wherever you need to go." The doors swung open, and you hopped in next to a girl with brown hair that stopped at her shoulders. She asked if you were okay, but you immediately broke into tears.

"I'm sorry, I probably look crazy right now. It's just, tonight is my two-year anniversary with my boyfriend, which is why I was at the restaurant tonight. He stood me up and I wasn't sure why until I got to our apartment and found him fucking some skank." The group grew silent.

"That's a shitty way to spend your anniversary." One of the guys who had a beard and a buzzcut blurted out. The group immediately turned to glare at him, but you busted out laughing. You had to admit, it was a shitty thing. You explained to David that you didn't have a place to stay now, which is when the girl, who you learned was named Natalie, offered for you to stay at their place. You didn't want to intrude but David was not going to take no for an answer.