~Gone~ Toddy Smith

*Toddy's POV*
It had been two months since she left, and in those two months my entire world flipped upside down. I started to party and drink even more, hoping it would numb the pain of her leaving. It never worked. I thought of her everyday, morning to night.

I thought of her sparkling eyes, how her smile would make her nose crinkle, how her soft hands fit perfectly into mine. I tried everything I could to forget her and move on, it was clear that she wasn't coming back. But wherever I went, I saw her.

I'd always see her at the parties I went to but anytime I tried to get closer to her, she'd vanish. I saw her walking down the streets as I was driving downtown. My friends always told me that it wasn't her, but it was.

"Hey, Todd. We are going to a party, ya coming?" Zane asked on a simple Friday night.

"Come on buddy, there will be a lot of hot girls there who can help you get your mind off of her." Scotty mentioned, tossing his arm around me. I knew that no other girl could replace her, yet they would only bother me more if I didn't go.

There were many pretty girls at the party, but no one compared. A few girls came over to me and tried to get me to dance with them, but I refused. I chugged drink after drink, feeling my head become a little foggy. I was on my 5th drink when I saw her.

She was wearing my favorite outfit, a burgundy low cut tank top tucked into a tight white skirt. Her curled hair bounced up and down as she pushed through the people dancing. My eyes followed her as she walked to the back door. She stopped when she reached the door, turning around and landing her eyes right on me. She nudged her head to the side, indicating for me to follow her.

The crisp Cali air bite at my hands, which were now shaking tremendously. She looked over the ledge towards the city lights glowing in the distance. The lights of Los Angeles was always her favorite , they reminded her of why she left her hometown to come here.

"Still as beautiful as the day I moved to Cali." She whispered. Silence fell over us, there was so many unanswered questions. I began to open my mouth and ask but she interrupted me.

"Todd, you know you did nothing wrong, right? It wasn't your fault." She mentioned, wiping at a tear that had begun to roll down. I shook my head, I didn't understand.

"Why did you leave me then?" I spoke softly. I suppose it was too soft because she kept talking.

"Toddy, I love you with my entire heart. I loved you the day I met you at that college party." She chuckled.

"And I tripped and poured my beer all over your white dress. I felt like an idiot." I lightly smiled.

"At least you're weren't the idiot that wore a white dress around a bunch of drunk kids. I loved you when you gave me this promise ring, that we'd be together forever." I glanced down at her left hand, the ring still placed there on her finger.

"So much for a promise, look at us now." I scoffed. I tried to turn away but her small hands stopped me.

"Todd, it had to happen." She was right. More tears rolled down as I listened to her.

"Baby, let me go. You can move on, I won't be angry. I want you to forget about me." I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold everything back. I turned around, expecting her to still be there, but she was gone. I stared over to where she was and regretted not hugging her as soon as I saw her.

"Todd! There you are, what are you doing out here?" David's voice broke me from my thoughts. I started to tell him but he kept talking. He said we needed to leave the party because Heath was about to get into a fight.

My head swayed the entire car ride home. I searched for her in the streets, but she wasn't there. I laid down in bed and scrolled through my photos of her and all the memories came rushing back. The night we met, the night we first kissed, the concerts we went to, her surprising me while I was on tour. The accident.

I pictured her body, limp and lifeless as I came to. We had been driving home from a date looking at the city lights when a drunk driver in a huge pickup truck rammed into her side of the car. We flipped for a while, then darkness. When I woke up, we were upside down and she was still out, then darkness again.

I woke up to whispers, talking about how nervous and scared they were. I opened my eyes to see my friends, sitting there with a bunch of different gifts. I scanned the room but I couldn't find her. When I asked where she was, silence. No one answered me.

"Where is she?!" I screamed. Then Zane told me she was in a room down the hall. Without hesitation, I raced down the hall to her room. I threw open the doors to see a doctor tried to shock her back to life. The rest was a blur and next thing I knew, she was being lowered into the ground. I never got to tell her goodbye.

I locked my phone and held it close, along with a stuffed animal she bought for our anniversary.

"I'll never forget you, baby." I whispered.

A/N: IM BACKKKKKK!!!