~Truth or Dare~ Dima Konovalov

You tried to ignore them, tried to focus on the ten-page paper you had yet to start. Yet, you couldn't ignore them, their laughter echoed from down the hallway into your room. You looked at the textbook and multiple pieces of papers that were spread across your bed, contemplating whether you go join your roommate and her friends or not. Reluctantly, you dragged yourself out of bed, checking yourself in the mirror to make sure you looked presentable before going to the living room. You were wearing a white tank and grey sweatpants and decided it was presentable enough since you knew majority of your roommate Carly's friends. You grabbed your tan jacket to throw over just in case. 

Your footsteps pitter-pattered against the hardwood floor as the voices grew louder. You could make out a few voices, David, Carly, Toddy, Natalie, Jason, Ilya, and Zane, but there was one voice you heard that wasn't familiar to you. They all cheered in excitement when you stepped into the living room. You looked around the room, seeing that you matched the voices with the right people. Then he caught your eye, you had never seen him before and you wondered why.

"Y/n, this is my friend from back home, Dima." David beamed, he was always excited to introduce his friends to people. The only available seat was next to Dima, so you just smiled at him as you sat next to him. 

"Well, my name is Dimitry, but everyone calls me Dima." His smile was gorgeous. The way his sparkling whites shined in the lights.

"Y/n." You muttered. Usually, you weren't a person who was quiet, but there was something about this boy that made you clam up.

"How is the paper coming?" Carly questioned, drawing the attention make onto you, which made you uncomfortable since his eyes were now focused on you.

"It's not. I haven't started. I have a month to work on it though." You quickly answered, making sure the topic got off you again. This plan didn't work though since Dima was still looking at you.

"What is your major?" He continued to look at you, even as you played with your jacket and refused eye contact. You answered him, still not looking up. You saw him nod from the corner of your eye, then he turned his attention back to David. You mentally beat your self up, he probably thought you weren't interested in him.

The night continued as it usually does with Carly's friends. They all talk for a while until Zane or Ilya break out the alcohol, causing the night to take a turn. Tonight, Ilya insisted on playing truth or dare, but if you refused then you had to drink. You typically didn't join in when they did things like this, but you were intrigued by Dima and you didn't want to turn in early since he was here.

"Well, now we know who we have to bring around in order for y/n to hang out with us," David smirked at you, causing your cheeks to burn from blushing so hard. The game went on for a few rounds before Ilya finally decided on you. 

"Y/n, truth or are," he smirked evilly. You knew that either one was a recipe for embarrassment, so you decided to take the easy one, truth. This obviously gained a few boos from the people surrounding you but Ilya hushed them as he opened his mouth to ask you something. "What do you think of our boy Dima?" 

You leaned back, pretending like this was your first time to take in his facial features. The longer you stared at him, the more red Dima's face grew. You glanced down at your drink and contemplated to yourself. You could make it easy, admitting you think he's attractive, or you could play around a bit with him, and that's exactly what you did. You took a shot of the liquid in front of you, before winking at Dima with your new boost of confidence. 

A few more rounds had gone by before the attention was turned on you again. This time it was Carly who had control. She wiggled her eyebrows at you, knowing how you were when you were tipsy. 

"Truth or dare, y/n?" She smirked. You felt your body tingle from the liquor flowing through your bloodstream, causing you to pick dare. "I dare you to go skinny dipping." Carly giggled to herself, knowing you most likely wouldn't do it. You looked at the group, all of them had wide eyes as they watched. You took a shot of the liquid, causing everyone to groan, but you surprised them by standing up. You slowly walked towards the backyard, removing an article of clothing with every step. 

The water was freezing, but you swam around for a second as the group laughed and cheered from the door. You climbed out, the cool LA air causing your soaking wet body to shiver. You were met by Dima, who was holding a towel out for you, trying his hardest not to look down at you. You noticed him resisting, which caused you to giggle a bit.

"I put on a show for you and you aren't going to watch?" You joke, wrapping yourself in the towel. He stumbled over his words as you both walked back into the living room. Carly was standing there with your clothes in her hand. You grabbed them from her hand and smiled at Dima.

"And with that, I will be off to bed." Everyone protested and begged you to stay, but you knew it would only get worse from here on. You said goodnight to everyone but made sure to keep your eye contact with Dima a little bit longer than the others. You leaned against your bedroom door, not believing you just did that in front of a stranger. 

The next morning you woke up to a message from an unknown number. You were obviously confused because you hadn't given your number out to anyone recently. You unlocked your phone to see it was a text from Dima.

Unknown number: Hey, uh, it's Dima. I just wanted to ask if you'd want to hang out sometime before I go back to Chicago?

You smiled to yourself, remembering what you had done last night, pleased with yourself it had worked. You typed out your response and pressed send before snuggling back into your covers and falling back asleep.