「8」 「supermarket」

「daniel」

Samantha has been crying non-stop as soon as she heard the news. She haven't ate lunch as of two forty-nine pm— we ate breakfast at eighy thirty.

"Please, Sam. Drink at least water" Jack rubbed her back as she sobs on my chest.
"Sam, would you want to speak to Savannah?" I mumbled on her hair-covered face.

She nodded, unable to speak.

"Guys get the phone" I ordered, to which Corbyn followed.

Jack placed the glass filled with water on the nightstand. Zach just looked at Sam as she sobs, frowning.

"Shh. Sam, please stop crying. We're here for you" I calmed her.
"P- pl- please s- stay stay wi- with me to- tonight.." she asked in difficult.
"Sure, Sam." I replied, tucking pieces of hair at the back of her ear, revealing her pretty red face.
"Thank you, Daniel" she looked upto me with puffy eyes.

Corbyn came to Samantha's room with Jonah.

"Daniel, she can't be reached" Corbyn sighed.
"I- It's okay, maybe she's also sad right now." I replied.
"Well we'll give you two space. Please drink water, Sam." Zach said, walking closer to the door.
"Is there anything you need?" Corbyn stopped himself midway from closing the door.
"Uhh" I looked down at her.
"Nothing. We'd eat later at the mall" I smiled at them and they nodded before leaving.

"Thank you so much, Daniel. As I said if it wasn't because of you, i'd be dying right now" Samantha thanked me with stuffy nose, now not crying.
"It's okay, Sam. As I said I need to gain your trust because you went here for no reason at all. I don't know if you'd ever forgive me. But all that matters now is you've stopped crying, I saw you smile and now you gotta drink water" I giggle, and so did she.

She drank all the water, not leaving any excess.

"I wonder how's mom" she looked up.
"She's doing fine. Her daughter is doing fine so I guess her daughter got it from her" I winked, making her smack my shoulder.
"Ouch!" I wince with an 'o' shape formed on my mouth.
"Oh sorry" she laughs silently.
"It's nearly three pm so you should go and shower. Derek's coming home and he needs to leave." I replied.

She smiled and nodded, then I left her so she can have her privacy.

While she took a shower the boys and I got ready as well.

I decided to wear a green shirt and orange shirt that says 'Miami' in it and dark green pants.

We waited for the princess— I mean Samantha to go down.

After a minute or so, she stepped downstairs.

The time suddenly slowed down.

She was wearing a red oversized hoodie which I bought, skinny jeans, and black boots which were Savannah's.

"Wow- you look- you look amazing!" I opened my arms.

She looked like an angel.

I still had wide eyes after stepping out of the house. We walked, Samantha and I holding hands, to the car and Jonah started the car.

-

"I've missed this already!" she squealed as she cupped her mouth.
"I wish I can sneak out and just go home. My house is literally two miles away." she sighed, hugging me sideways as we walked.
"Ooo can we buy matcha ice cream?!" she pointed at a stall of ice cream.
"Sure" I chuckle, and she clapped.
"Yey!" she exclaimed.
"Two matcha ones please." I smiled at the guy.
"Small or medium?" he then asked as he got two cones.
"Umm medium!" she smiled when she said 'medium'.

The guy nodded and put the cone the under machine, and ice cream started to come out as he swirled the cone around.

He sprinkled chocolate matcha shavings on both ice creams before handing them to us.

"Thank you" I paid him twenty.
"Stay strong you two" he smiled as he gave me my change.

I blushed.

"Uhh thanks" I chuckled, putting the coins on my pockets.

She started to lick on the ice cream as we walked, hand in hand.

"Where are the others?" she asked, looking up to me.
"Buying food at the supermarket" I replied flatly.
"Oh" she shrugged, and continued enjoying her treat.
"Thank you again, Daniel" she smiled.
"You're welcome" I smiled.
"I missed ice cream honestly." she said.
"More than you miss school?" I chuckled.
"Who misses school? I only miss Savannah, mom, and everyone else." she playfully snapped.
"Oh hahahaha" I laughed.

"Omg Daniel look! It's pandas! There's pig stuffed animals- omg!" she slightly yelled, and went inside the the toy store like a kid.

I giggle at the sight then checked my phone because I felt it vibrate.

"Shit" I swore under my breath, seeing Derek had called me twice.

I called him and before a second passed, he answered it.

"What's up boss?" I asked.
"There are two more visitors coming so you can all chill there for a bit" he replied.
"Cool. See ya" I hung up.

I looked beside me, seeing Samantha wasn't on the store anymore.

"Sam?" I asked, entering the store.

I looked around and called for her multiple of times

I was steppping outside until someone hit me.

"Daniel!" Samantha yelled.
"I saw Corbyn and I forgot I was with you. Oops" she chuckled.
"Now you got ice cream all over your face" I giggled, wiping them off with my thumb.
"Thanks" her face turned into a shade of red.

Corbyn was there and we joined the guys and ate at Max's. After that we went to a shop for more clothes for Sam to wear.

"This is cute. But it's pricy though, so it's ugly now" she laughed.

If only she knew how money we make.

"No no it's okay, buy it. I'm going to pay for it" I smiled.
"Yay!" she clapped thrice and we get two more shirts and went at the cashier to pay for them.
"Daniel it's five hundred thirty dollars! We need to—" I cut her off.
"Sam, stop. It's okay." I giggled and so did the middle-aged woman placing the clothes on the paper bag.
"We literally paid for it already. No turning back!" I chuckled then we get the paper bag and left the shop.

The boys were just waiting for us outside.

As we made our way to the parking lot, we passed through the supermarket and Samantha started to breathe heavily.

"Is there something wrong?" I rubbed her back.
"Y- yeah. I- I just saw the supermarket and I remembered how I got kidnapped." she breathed shakily.
"Don't mind it, Sam. Let's just go in the car" I held her wrist and she nodded.