「21」 「new life」

「samantha」

"I can't believe i'm letting you leave" I frowned then opened my arms for a hug.
"We literally just got close and you're leaving" I said.
"I can't keep it anymore, Sam. It always bothers me whenever I sleep. What could my family think? Are they worried about me? Are they looking for me?" Brooklyn replied, confusion all over her face.
"I get you. It's always your decision if you're going to leave." I said.

She nodded.

"Alright, are your things packed?" I asked.
"Uh-huh. I'm ready to be free again" she chuckled and so did I.
"Can't wait for you to see your family again" I smiled.
"You're making me emotional" she tuned.

We laughed.

"Okay, let's get quiet before Daniel catches us" I whispered and she nodded.

We silently walked through the tunnel that led us to the basement, then went out of the gate.

"I'll miss you, like a lot" I chuckled. "Now be free" I smiled then waved at her.

She started to walk away.

She then turned around, "Goodbye Samantha!" she waved.

Yes, i've told her the truth.

I stood at the almost pitch-black street and waited until she was pretty distant.

I let out a sigh before heading back inside the basement.

That was until I saw a figure.

Derek's figure.

"What the hell are you doing here outside at the middle of the night?!" he exclaimed in whisper so that no one could hear him.

I gulped and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Um I—"

Before I could finish my sentence, a hand swayed infront of my face and my cheek started to sting.

"Who were you with?!" he now yelled.

At this point I was crying and did not reply.

"Who?!" he yelled even louder, his voice echoing.
"No one Derek" I sobbed.
"Oh nonsense. You can't just go outside without a reason! What? Are you talking to ghosts now or?" he dryly chuckled.
"Br— s- someone" I cut my self off.

He swiftly took out his pocket knife and pointed it at the side of my neck.

"Tell me or you die?" he mumbled closely to my ear.

I closed my eyes and panted heavily, leaning back a bit from his face which is painfully close to mine.

"You wou- wouldn't kn- know" I panted heavier.
"Is that so?" I felt him smirk and put the knife closer to my neck.
"Again, tell me or you die" he repeated.

I fold my lips and thought.

Brooklyn should be far from here by now right?

"Brooklyn." I replied flatly.

He put down the knife.

He then chuckled, "Brooklyn? What are you guys doing here?" he asked.
"I sent her home. She doesn't want to be here anymore. She wants to start a new life" I said.

His eyebrows furrowed.

"Who told you that you can send her home?" he asked angrily.

Right after he said those words, a fist suddenly hit my face and my sight turned black.

a/n: don't forget to vote! read this to your neighbors and friends :)))