01 | INDIFFERENT

It was just a matter of time until the siblings were bound to break from each other. Silence had become a reoccuring speech between them, cascading an invisible shadow over them and their thoughts.

All except, the wind manipulator, of course.

Cyclone bounced into the house, licking his melting ice-cream with a smile that seemed to brighten the living room. "Hey guys! I'm back!"

"Oh hey, Cyclone." The eldest, Quake- greeted him. Sadness was still nagging on the bottom of his heart, but needless to say, the whole family depended on him. "Welcome back. How was the sleepover with Gopal?"

Grinning, the said brunette dropped his bag on the couch, near where Ice was laying down.

"I had lots of fun!" He threw his hands up in the air. "We played video games and had midnight karoake!" Then he lowered his voice. "We might've made Gopal's dad angry.."

Quake sighed, a tired smile decorating his slumber face. "That's nice to hear. Would you help me with something?"

Hearing that somebody finally needed his assistance, Cyclone perked up. "Of course!" He said enthusiastically.

Ever since Solar's death, Cyclone and Ochobot- along with the others, couldn't help but feel that everything had gone for the worse. Quake always had that look in his eye- the wish where time could be reversed.

Thunder was no better. The lightning element had immidiately engrossed himself in any sport he could find, mainly martial arts. He had only came home for meals, barely being there in the prescence of his family.

Next in line was Blaze, the cheery enigma that had suddenly had his world turned upside down. As much as his spirit has dissipated, the rage and anger in him never truly left. One mistake could send the house burning down.

Ice- though he was the calmest out of them all, the event had clearly saddened him. It wasn't clear at first, but Cyclone had caught the brother sobbing quietly to himself at night, dreading the memory in his dreams.

This left to the youngest, Thorn. Out of them all, he had never truly left Solar's side, being the companion everyone needed. But now with his twin gone, the nature manipulator had fallen into a depressed state.

One by one, their lives were starting to crack and fall apart. And yet- they all had one thought in mind as they watched the ever happy-go-lucky boy skip around.

Does he truly not love Solar?

Why is he acting so happy?

How does he manage to stay that way?

These questions filled their minds.

Even if he had shedded tears during the funeral, he was so capable of acting like it didn't happen just recently. Thunder and Blaze were secretly ticked off about it, about how Cyclone acted so indifferently.

He asked questions when he wanted to, laughed whenever he wanted to, tries to bring up the happiness in the house when nobody asked to. Even after hundreds of countless tries- he was still the same Cyclone.

Why is..

Why is he so selfish?