10 | DEFEAT

Thorn panted, catching his breath. He had been running for a long time. His energy was dropping. At this rate, he could collapse anytime. Choosing to conserve his energy, he released the three bodies and took a deep inhale.

At least he was quite a distance from where the trouble was. He was worried about his brothers, but he believed in them.

Why did they choose to put me away? He thought, clutching his shirt and shaking his head away from the negative thoughts. But the feeling was still there. Something bad's going to happen, right?

"Oh!" He remembered.

He crouched onto his knees next to his friends, quickly taking their hand as he checked their pulse. It was beating.They're all still alive. He sighed, falling onto his bum, relieved. Thank goodness!

"I should probably heal them." Thorn looked behind him, gulping. He had to be brave, and be quicker so he could go back and help them.

"Urgh." He said to no one in particular, taking a little peek as he lifted Gopal's shirt. The indian boy's wound was serious. It looked as if a 5cm bullet had gone through him.

"Oh that smells-" Thorn pinched his nose and opened a buttoned pocket of his by the thighs. "Sorry Gopal! I meant, the wound smell."

He pulls out a small bottle of iodine, two rolls of bandage and an empty vial. He discarded the vial next to him, ripping open the bandages and the antiseptic wipes. "What did he do to you?" He asked in a small voice.

His best friend didn't answer. But his eyebrows furrowed as the brunette gently cleaned it with an antiseptic wipe.

Thorn felt guilty. His friends had suffered so much scars, their uniform smeared with their own blood. Thankfully, they were still alive- but in a critical condition. He had been late to the party.

"I wonder if they got away.." The boy murmured as he stripped the package of its bandages and pressed the towel on Gopal's wound. "Is Ochobot and Cattus safe?"

He had so much to worry about. But he chose to discard them, choosing to prioritize the task he had at hand.

Gopal winced unconciously. Thorn's eyes drooped down, cautious. "S-Sorry, I'll be more gentle." He stuttered, touching it up. It looked better. "You're done for now."

With limited first aid materials, the healer quickly shifted to the two girls, who were both badly wounded on their arms and face. He had to work without water. The towel had turned into a dark shade of red.

His hand shook as he made physical contact with the girls' faces. They looked so small, so fragile. Thorn wanted to scream. What if he was too late? What if he was too slow-

Though there was a risk of infections by dabbing the same towel on all three people, he saved it for last. "That's all I can do." He looked at his bloody hands, gripping them and clenching it into fists.

The nature elemental stood up, dusting himself off as he commanded his vines to wrap themselves around the three wounded teenagers. Thorn took a deep breath. I'm so tired.

For Solar. He broke into a run.

---

"You are NOT getting to him." Thunder wielded his spear with one hand, the other holding a sword. "You're gonna have to go through me."

The villain grinned, red eyes meeting its twin. "Oh really?" The only difference was that one was crazy. "Sorry, but I've lost my interest in you. I'm going to look for that boy. He's much more interesting than your hot-tempered self."

"What did you say?!" Rage took over anger. The brunette-haired hero lurged forward, spinning his spear in the air. He spun around, doing a flip in the air and striked down. "YOU-!"

Reckless. He mouthed, grinning. Emotional.

"People like you don't win."

Blood scattered on the floor. Red eyes widened, pain coursing through the boy's chest. He screamed, shrieking as electricity static appeared in the air.

"You forgot." The white-haired boy smiled genuinely, eyes turning into little crescents. "Wind was always superior over you." He tilted his head. "You told me to go through you."

Thunder gritted his teeth together, spitting on the white-haired imposter. "Go to hell."

The villain's smile faltered, knuckles cracking.

"Seeing you is hell." He stepped on one feet and threw the brunette across the room. The hero flew, crashing the wall hard. "You aren't much of a qualified hero. Shame on you."

The lightning manipulator shrunk, falling onto the ground. He touched his arm, light-headed. "D-Don't you d-dare.. touch-"

"I went through you already." High-pitched laughter echoed, giving goosebumps. "Wasn't that the deal?!" His tone turned a step higher.

Thunder's head hit the ground.

In a matter of seconds, the lightning elemental's vision turned dark as the other boy smirked, moving on.

"People like you lose."