02 | PLAN

Ochobot couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, Cyclone." The power sphere called for the boy, who was busy humming to his favorite song intro. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure!" The boy chirped, eyes glued onto the TV screen as his fingers rapidly stuck onto the controller. "You know you don't need my permission to ask! Feel free to ask my anytime~!"

"I'm worried about you."

"Me?" Laughter escaped from the brunette's lips as he squinted his eyes. "Why would you?"

"Because," The bot shuffled in his place, feeling uncomfortable at the sudden change of atmosphere. "You're acting different."

Almost immidiately, Cyclone paused the game.

"How?" He asked, turning around to pay attention to the particular power sphere. "Unless you have a way to change the mood, then I can't really help it, Ochobot!" He whined. "I tried everything to help them!"

Ochobot stayed silent, blinking.

"I can't do anything much about it." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. His cap sat peacefully beside him. "I don't know how. Is there really nothing we can do to change it?"

"It's", The robot sighed. "Understandable for them to act that way. We can't force them."

"I know!" He replied, pouting. "But-"

"I wish we could bring Solar back."

An idea appeared inside the brunette's head. If I could bring Solar back, he thought. Then everyone would be happier. We could be back to normal.

We could be actual brothers again.

Cyclone bit his lip, almost giddily. "I have an idea, but I need you to keep this a secret from the others." This statement made the robot surprised, as he was taken aback in his seat. "Please."

"What's the idea?" Ochobot asked, thrilled.

...

His smile dropped. "But admit it! It's an efficient plan, isn't it?" He practically shook Ochobot in a jokingly manner, unnoticed of what the robot felt. "We can actually bring him back!"

The power sphera was dizzy, dazed circles appearing on his screen. "C-Cyclone.. S-Stop-"

He set Ochobot on the couch, grinning sheepishly. "Hehe.. sorry Ochobot! But it IS the only plan we have, right? Admit it!"

"Yes, it might be efficient." Stars appeared in the boy's eyes, making the room shine brighter than it already wasn't.

"But no." Ochobot declined, making it disappear. "I'm not going to risk another person. I already lost Solar, Cyclone. I can't lose you too!" His robotic voice shook.

"I know." His eyes softened. "But if it means bringing Solar back and making everyone else happy, it's worth everything. Especially Thorn."

The power sphere crossed his arms. "They'll get over it in time, Cyclone. What would happen if you were the one to disappear instead?!"

Cyclone pursed his lips. "But Ochobot. We both know its just an assumption! Some things might go the right way, some things might go the way we dont want to. I just need you to believe me."

"I don't want to lose you too, Cy."

"I don't want to lose myself either, Ochobot." He gave a hearty laugh, eyes fluttering close as he smiled. "But if it means bringing Solar back and returning everything to normal, then I'll do it! A little sacrifice wont hurt, I promise you that!"

The power sphere sat there, beaten. "The last time I helped someone," Ochobot spoke, looking down. "I lost somebody because of a promise. Promises were made to be broken." The said robot rolled his metal fingers into a fist. "I'm not gonna make the same mistake."

"Please. We both know that this is the quickest method!"

Cyclone sniffed and choked out a laugh at the silent reply. "You do know that Solar intentionally programmed this watch." He could feel the tense atmosphere. "With your help." He averted his gaze onto the small robot. "So when one of us dies, we won't end up losing ourselves to the dark."

If Ochobot had human facial expressions, he would be visibly gritting his teeth. But the robot looked away, guilt written across his digital features. "That was the promise I believed. I helped him because we both knew that he was most likely to die. He didn't want anyone to suffer if that happened."

"Neither do I." Cyclone's body trembled. "Remember the game we played?"

"Which game?"

"You promised me that one day if I needed your help." His lip stretched. "I could ask anything I wanted, as long as it isn't anything that would harm others. Remember that?"

Ochobot sighed. "At least, can we tell the others of this?"

"Nope. They're going to try and stop me from it."

"Then what do you need me to do?"

He tapped on his watch. "I need you to help me program this watch. You dont have to erase what Solar did to ours. But only to mines," He raised his wrist. "It needs something different."

A bad feeling came over Ochobot. "And what's that?"

"To self-destruct and destroy me once I run out of control."