06 | SUSPICION

"Cy, are you in there?"

It's been two days since the extraction. The brunette had locked himself in a room, isolating himself from the outer world. Basic necessities had been neglected- pushed away for the sake of resurrecting their dead brother. Though everyone had been in a good mood because of the promise,

Ice, Thunder and Quake weren't so sure.

Something didn't feel quite right about the plan, and they were curious.

"Cy, it's dinner time already. Wanna join us in the canteen?"

"Quake?" A weak voice replied behind the door. The responsible elder smiled, almost worriedly at such a small voice. "What are you doing here..? I'm not hungry, sorry. I think I'll pass."

Exasperated, Quake sighed. "But you haven't eaten for two days.. I'm worried."

"It's okay." The boy replied, "I'll ask Ochobot for snacks if I am hungry, I promise."

Quake paced around, anxious. Cyclone had been acting weird these past week- ever since they knew that Solar could be revived. He hadn't be sleeping well. There was still a bad feeling about it.

"Cyclone, can I at least come in-"

"NO!" A shout erupted. In the room, the boy was shaking, almost panicked. "I-I'm sorry.. But please, don't come in. It's going to ruin the surprise I have for you guys.. I-It's so messy here." He threw his pillow to the ground, making it land on a pile of crumpled papers. "Please don't."

The older brother hesitated, hand on the doorknob. But deciding that would be best for them both- he pulled away. "Is that so..?" A sigh escaped his lips. "If that's what you say. Then best of luck to you and your plan, Cyclone. Don't force yourself. Destiny is destiny- it's all in the past."

"Thank you." Was all he replied.

He left the hall, shoulder sagging as his thoughts raced. Quake walked into the main room, where everyone was present. Nobody seemed to notice his presence, except for the other two.

"Where were you from?" Thunder asked, sharpening his practice blade.

"Cyclone's room." The latter answered, dragging a hand over his face. "I tried to lure him out. But he didn't want to. He said he wasn't hungry."

Ice spoke up from his bubble. "Don't blame yourself."

"I'm not." The earth manipulator shook his head, sitting in defeat. "It's just that I'm worried. There's something wrong with this. I don't wanna lose anyone again, that's all. Maybe I'm just overthinking."

Thunder gave a dry chuckle. "You're not. I have the same feeling."

"It's weird." Ice propped his chin up on his hand. "Cyclone should be fine. Didn't he say he was literally the sunshine out of us all? The happy trigger of the family. He won't give up that easily."

"He never gives up." Thunder corrected. He lowered his voice. "But that isn't the Cyclone we know. He changed." He pointed at himself. "We changed, too. People change, Ice."

All of a sudden, Blaze popped right next to them, shouting (his version of whispering loudly), "Cyclone? What's wrong with Cyclone? He promised that he'll bring Solar back, right?!" He shook Ice, who annoyingly glared at him. "Don't tell me the plan failed- I'M GOING TO-"

"It's ongoing." Quake answered, pulling Blaze away from the strangled ice manipulator. "Nothing's really wrong." He looked at Thunder- then back at the fiery brunette. "It's just that he refused to have dinner or eat anything again. We're just worried. That's all."

"Oh.." In reply, Blaze scratched his head. "I thought something bad happened!"

"I'm going." Thunder stood up from his seat, swinging the blade over his shoulder as he headed out. "I'm gonna go practice in the training room. When it's dinnertime, call me out."

"Okay." Ice turned to Blaze, flailing his icy hand. "Shoo. Go play with Thorn."

"You suck." He pursed his lips, heading over to where Thorn is.

Quake watched in amusement. Right after the Cyclone incident, Blaze and Thorn had both changed their views. They now see Cyclone as their other brother- not the selfish, jealous person they had perceived him to be. His brown orbs faltered back to Ice. "What's up with you two?"

"Me?" Ice pointed at himself, blinking. "What about me? I'm fine. It's Thunder you should be worried about." He struck his cap lower. "After that debate they had, I'm sure their relationship isn't as strong as they had in the past. It wasn't just because of Solar." He shook his head.

"Yeah. They are closer to each other. It's understandable. They're polar opposites- opposites are always attracting each other."' Quake shrugged. 'Even if we're the original trio, nothing beats twins."

"You don't have a partner, do you?"

A whimsical smile appeared. "Now I do, that Solar's gone."

---

"What happened?"

"My watch just glitched!" Thorn worriedly shouted, pointing at his watch. "I-I swear, I didn't do anything with it! Is my watch broken..?"

Blaze puckered his lips. "That's weird.. mines is too!"

The door opened, revealing a sweaty Thunder. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, peeling his eyes away from his watch. "Who screwed the watch up?" He growled.

"Nobody did." Quake stood up, tapping on the screen. "Something's happening."

Ice caught sight of the rushing yellow robot in the hall and called for him. "Hey Ochobot! Do you mind taking a look at our watch?" He looked at Quake, who continued, "We think something bad happened to it. Is it broken? Can we still fuse back together?"

Ochobot stopped, visibly shaking.

"I-I need to go to Cyclone."