04 | CONVINCE

"Hey guys?"

All eyes were now on him. Thunder wiped the sweat off his brow, finally plopping down on the couch. Cyclone fidgeted in his seat, finally feeling the dread of attention. He swallowed the bile in his throat forcefully.

"Can I ask something?"

Assuming that it was another joke question, Thorn and Blaze both looked away and meddled with each other. Thunder grumbled, picking up his phone and playing with it. Ice fell back onto his position.

Only Quake responded. "Yeah, Cyclone?" The dark circles underneath his eyes didn't help calm the tense boy. "Go ahead."

"What if I say we could bring Solar back?"

The thunder manipulator gawked, dropping his phone onto the floor with a clatter. The two troublemakers whipped their head fast that Cyclone was sure it would snap off. Ice fell off the couch, groaning.

"What are you saying? That's impossible." Thunder retorted, red orbs flashing with alarm. "Don't joke with me."

He shrugged. "It's just a what-if question."

"Cyclone," Ice spoke for the first time that day, his tone gently laced with pain. "Please don't joke around about what happened. We're still sad-"

"What if I told you we could bring him back?"

Thorn trembled. "A-Are you for real..?"

Quake frowned at the sight of his teary brother, but was interested in what the wind manipulator had to say. "What do you mean, Cyclone?"

"Would you do it?" He pressed. "If we could really bring Solar back- would you do anything?"

All of a sudden, Cyclone found himself dragged by none other than the enraged elemental, Blaze. "OF COURSE WE WOULD!" He shouted, eyes blazing with anger and fire. "YOU IDIOT, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING-"

"Blaze, that's enough." Both Ice and Quake stepped between them both. The frosty manipulator tapped his brother's shoulder, "Let Cyclone go. Let's hear what he has to say."

"P-Please.." Cyclone was close to running.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Smoke danced out of his mouth, fire threatening to wreck havoc. "CYCLONE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! HE NEVER ONCE CRIED FOR SOLAR- HE DIDN'T CARE FOR HIM! HE'S JUST A SELFISH-"

"I would do anything to bring Solar back." Thorn's voice echoed through the house. Ice let Blaze go, who glared at both boys. "Please. I would do anything. I miss Solar."

"Cyclone, please tell us you aren't joking around this time." Quake's exasperated tone settled the mood. "We're all tired of this, okay?"

"Anything, huh?" The said boy smiled a little. "That's easy. I have a plan to bring him back."

Thunder sat, feeling uneasy. "You're joking."

"Stop worsening the mood, Cyclone." Blaze taunted, eyebrows furrowed as he tried hard to control himself. "If you're THINKING of joking with us thIS ONE TIME, I'M GOING TO-"

"I'm serious." The wind manipulator crossed his arms, looking down on his boots. "But there's going to be a cost for that."

"S-Solar.." Thorn hiccuped. "H-He can.. come back?"

"What's the plan-"

"Yeah, he'll gather back with you guys." He interrupted, raising a finger. "Since you guys would sacrifice anything to bring him back."

"But what's the cost?" Ice asked.

"Not as much as our dear Solar." Cyclone laughed. "It's small! Don't worry. The plan's ready. I just need you guys to agree to it, and we'll have Solar back again."

"A-Are you.. serious..?"

"Is that a PROMISE?" Blaze growled.

"I promise." He did a peace sign with his hands and chuckled. "But I need to hear it from you guys, okay? If you agree-"

"Sorry but," Quake interjected, brown hazel eyes filled with worry. Something didn't feel quite right. "I'm still not sure about this. Can you tell us what the cost is in detail?"

"Oh- don't worry!" He chirped, hiding the sinking feeling in his heart. "It won't hurt you guys or anyone else that we know. It's just going to be a little experimentation. Ochobot will be safe too, rest assured!"

"I'm not sure of that." Thunder spoke. "What are you hiding from us, huh? This isn't funny-"

"Why would an idiot like me hide anything from you guys?" His lips turned upwards forcefully. "I want Solar to come back as much as you guys, so.. why would I want to keep secrets?"

"Y-You can actually b-bring him b-back..?"

"Of course!" He replied, a pitch higher.

"What do we need to do?"

Cyclone pursed his lips. "Absolutely nothing but say yes to the plan! That's all you have to do."