08 | HARMFUL

Don't do this to us.

Thorn gritted his teeth, shutting his eyes as he held his arms up in a defensive pose. His windbreaker wasn't helping. It was barely effective against the strong wind that stirred up trouble in the mini-station.

"S-Solar..!" He shouted over the chaos. He could hear his brothers fighting, grunting. Someone was tossed into the air. "N-No!"

Stop this. This wasn't supposed to happen!

He coughed, dust entering his nostrils. He painfully summoned another one of his long, green vines as the lifeless plant wrapped itself, coiling onto the metal tubes hanging fro ceiling.

Not far from where he was, was another boy standing, grinning at every bloody thing that laid debris on the ground. The sight made the brunette's blood boil.

"Don't.. hurt my brothers!" He yelled, running and gripping tightly onto his vines. With a giant swing, he found himself flying through the air, sailing as he had his eyes on the responsible villain.

With another hand, he casted it out onto the opposite direction, vines bursting forth from the empty palm of his hands. He swiftly cut through, finally landing on his feet. Dust filled his vision.

"Thunderstorm Vortex!" He heard his older brother shout, as a clap of thunder rang through the large room. "I don't know who you are! But you're gonna regret ever hurting them!"

Them? He whipped his head around.

He stood, catching sight of the wounded. "Ying, Yaya, Gopal!" He yelled at once, hissing as a force collided with another. Thorn rushed, almost falling. He slid across the floor, cupping his friend's face into his hands.

"No." He didn't want to believe it. Ying's face was pale, her lips blue in color. Her glasses were nowhere to be seen. He hadn't seen Fang ever since the transformation happened.

"No, no.. Ying.." Thorn's voice dipped, tears threatening to fall out in anguish. "No.. Why? Why did you guys come here? T-This is our problem! I-I'm sorry. I'm so-"

"Instead of crying over them," A voice reached his ear. "Take them to somewhere safe. You too."

The nature manipulator shook his head, wiping his tears. "I-I'm not crying! And I wanna stay to help with you guys. I-I can do something-"

"Go." His elder brother said, putting a rocky hand over the little boy's shoulder. Green tearful eyes met calm golden ones, easing the boy. "We're depending on you to get them to safety. Be careful."

Thorn sniffed. "Okay."

He commanded his vines to wrap around the three bodies. He took a deep breath and expected to find his wise brother standing right behind him.

But he was gone, as fast as the wind.

---

"Where is he?" Blaze wiped the edge of his mouth and spitted on the ground, gripping his chakrams with one single hand. His sadistic nature had never truly left him- it was so clearly reflected in his angry orange eyes. "Is he safe?"

"I told him to bring them to safety." Quake shook his head. "He will."

The fire manipulator said no more, leaning on both his knees as he squinted his eyes. "And where's that polar bear?" He finally asked. He was a little worried about his younger twin.

Scratch that; very worried. In times of danger, family's priority.

"He's doing well." The elder brother replied, a smile gently tugging on the side of his face. They both stood side-by side, sharpening their focus as they scanned the vicinity.

---

"I told you." The boy lowered his voice, cap shading his piercing blue eyes underneath. He held up his bow with his left hand, another threatening to release the arrow. "If you were to change, I'd kill you without hesitation."

"Why aren't you killing me then?" 

Ice's grip tightened on the arrow. "Because deep down, somewhere in that detestable body of yours- is where my older brother is." His voice dripped like menacing ice. "But if he doesn't arise-"

"Boohoo." The villain teased, standing his ground. "How sweet of you."

His blue eyes darted gently to the person below him, laying face-down to the ground. "I don't want you to end up like him." Ice's tone slit through the air like a sharp needle. "And I don't want to hurt you. I've done that once."

His tone came out as alluring. "Then why not join me?"

"What-?" The water manipulator was taken aback. For a second, he had lost his calm demeanor, making him susceptible and open to the naked eye. "What do you mean-"

Before the younger latter could realize, he felt pain at his lower abdomen.

He crumbled down to the ground in an instant.

"Did you like that?" The boy taunted, strands of hair almost covering his inhumane eyes. Crazy danced in them, his teeth sending tremors down the hero's body. "How'd it feel, huh?" Ice gritted his teeth, trying to get up. But he fell once again.

Blood was quickly gushing out of his wound. Ice felt his vision turn blurry within every coming second, dark clots filling in. His eyes widened at the sentence.

"Oh, why don't we go kill that little savior of yours?"

Ice helplessly laid on the ground, extending his hand in an effort to signal for help. He wanted to reach out, grab the villain and plummet the boy to the ground. Nobody can touch him.

"Thorn.." He weakly whispered, vision turning black.