1st Sword | Into the Shadows

In a dark cave, illuminated only by the mysterious glow of a dark blue katana, the sounds of panting were heard as a young boy with (h/c) colored hair desperately weaved around the attacks of a shadow-like demon.

"I don't want to die...I don't want to die!" The (h/c) haired boy thought, fear clear in his eyes, his icy blue eyes shining even in the darkness.

Tears began pooling in his eyes, fear beginning to overtake this systems.

Barely being able to sense the incoming attack, the boy rolled to the right, falling to the floor.

"Why is this happening...? How did I get here...?" The boy thought desperately, attempting to recall the events of how he'd gotten here.

Before he could, however, he moved by pure instinct to the left, hearing the sound of an impact beside him. His eyesight was completely useless currently, the dark glow not being enough to light up the entire cave. He could barely see his own hands.

"Hahahahahaha! You dance well, boy! But let's see how long you can keep at it!" A distorted, cruel voice cackled from the darkness, the boy seeing a pair of red eyes glow menacingly in the darkness.

"It's been so long since I've had human flesh! I'm going to enjoy ripping you apart, I can't wait to hear how lovely your screams sound!" The distorted voice continued maniacally, the boy beginning to crawl away from where he'd heard its origin, whimpering slightly.

"P-p-please just le-leave me-me a-alone..." The boy whimpered in fear, crawling back while facing those terrifying red eyes.

"Leave you? But I want to hear your lovely screams! Don't you want to play with me?!" The distorted voice growled, it's glowing red eyes slowly approaching the fleeing boy.

"P-please j-j-just le-leave me alo-alone!" The boy stuttered, his icy blue eyes widening as he felt something wrap around his leg, picking him up. Following which, the boy released a bloodcurdling scream of fear, only getting the red eyes to widen in maniacal joy.

"YES! SCREAM! LET ME HEAR YOUR AGONY!" The distorted voice cackled in glee, and whatever it was that had grabbed the boy threw him towards the azure katana, crashing and indenting him into the cave wall behind it.

"How did this happen..." The boy thought helplessly, his eyes slowly losing their shine, reality beginning to set in that he was going to die.

"...Why...do I not want...to die...?" The boy thought helplessly, catching those red eyes getting slowly closer at the corner of his view.

All of a sudden, an image of two people appeared in his head. A burgundy haired boy, his gaze kind and gentle. And another, a black haired girl, her gaze warm and familiar.

"..Why did I...t come to t...his..." The boy thought, slowly closing his eyes, accepting his fate.

If only...if only this hadn't happened...if only...

~ Flashback ~

"(Y/N), your face is all black with dust. You too, Tanjiro." A motherly voice spoke, belonging to a black haired woman as she lovingly stroked the (h/c) haired boys' cheeks, wiping off some dust.

"It's dangerous with all this snow falling, you two. I understand if you both stay." The woman continued, only for the (h/c) haired boy to grin.

"I can take care of myself and Tanjiro, Mother." The boy smiled, only for his mother to giggle and pat his head lovingly.