4th Sword | Demon Slayer

"Fuck...wisteria...so much..." (Y/N) groaned as he crawled his way up the seemingly endless steps of Fujikasaneyama, the mountain of which he'd been told by a wandering Swordsman that the Final Selection test took place at.

Surprisingly, after a small bout between the two, the Swordsman had recommended (Y/N) try out for the Demon Slayer Corps, which he had planned to do so regardless.

It did help that he was told where to go, though. But then came a problem...wisteria. Demons naturally couldn't stand the mere presence of wisteria, and (Y/N) felt his senses null slightly when in its presence. Though he could still walk, he was made almost useless in its presence. He was slowly getting used to it and regaining his strength...but holy fuck was it slow.

(Y/N) was almost tempted to cut down all the wisteria around him, and he would've done so if not for the fact that it would make him a clear enemy of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Not to mention, he'd gotten a bit of information from the Swordsman as to the test. He'd been told quite a few demons were imprisoned within this mountain, so if he'd truly made an opening in the wisteria he'd be directly responsible for who knows how many deaths.

"These aren't even...supposed to bloom...this season..." (Y/N) gasped out, taking another step forward. Occasionally, another member come to take the exam would ask if he was alright, though most just ignored him.

Having thought quickly though, (Y/N) always gave them a pitiful excuse saying that he'd come a long way, and was extremely tired. It seemed to work on most of the trainees, who just nodded and went on their ways.

Glaring at the infuriating plant, (Y/N) could do nothing but grit his teeth, powering on through the nullification. Essentially- he just tanked.

"Hey, are you ok?!" A familiar, yet somehow different voice drew (Y/N)'s attention, a person immediately running up beside him.

"It can't be..." Hearing the voice, (Y/N) completely ignored the suppression from the wisteria, turning to look in its direction.

Slowly, as he saw the approaching face, (Y/N) almost couldn't stop the tears that came to his eyes, but he managed to reduce it down to just a stinging feeling.

On the other hand, the other party, a burgundy haired boy with similarly burgundy colored eyes stopped in his tracks, making eye contact with (Y/N)'s own icy blue colored eyes.

"..."

"..."

Neither party could say any words, simply looking at the familiar, yet different person.

"N-nii...chan?" Tanjiro asked, tears slowly beginning to prick at his eyes. He couldn't believe it...there's no way...

"..." (Y/N) still didn't say anything, unsure of how to go about this situation. Shaking his head slightly, (Y/N) remembered the reason he'd gotten to this place in the first place...

"I told you it was just a "See-you-later", didn't I?" (Y/N) smiled warmly at his brother, before Tanjiro, despite being older now, ran up the steps, as if they were falling behind him, almost immediately appearing in front of (Y/N).

Without even thinking, Tanjiro embraced (Y/N) in a hug, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"There, there...there's no need for tears." (Y/N) consoled his younger brother, the same warm smile on his face.

"W-where have you b-been all this time! I-I protected Ne-Nezuko, just l-like you wanted! I became strong!" Tanjiro shouted on after another, and (Y/N) just listened on, his face still reflecting that same smile.