10th Sword | Against the Rules

Natagumo Mountain

(Y/N) was currently facing off against several demons, glancing at them nonchalantly as he brandished his sword.

"A Demon Hunter..."

"Rui would be mad if we didn't take care of him."

"Yeah. Big Brother would be really mad at us."

The three demons spoke, looking at each other.
Seeing this, (Y/N) looked on in interest.

"Big Brother? Are all of you related?" (Y/N) asked, relaxing his grip slightly.

"Not by blood. But by the bonds of Rui's power." One of the demons revealed, causing (Y/N)'s eyes to narrow.

"...Figures. I can tell you guys only fear the guy you call Rui. That isn't a family at all." (Y/N) scoffed, lowering his guard.

"Don't you dare insult Rui!" One of the demons jumped at (Y/N), shooting out from her arms as (Y/N) sidestepped the demon, slashing through her neck smoothly as he sheathed his sword.

"It's respectable, but you can't fool my Aura. You all despise Rui. You can't hide that from me. What did he do to earn your spite?" (Y/N) asked, looking at the two remaining demons.

"Amara! How dare you kill our Younger Sister!" Instead of answering, the two demons rushed at (Y/N).

Sighing, (Y/N) got into his stance as the demons split up, flanking him from both sides.

Preparing to jump, a net of strings fell down on top of (Y/N) as he slashed through it, seeing a shadow above him as he clicked his tongue, before stepping back and slashing off the Demon's arms, which had been surrounded in a thick layer of sharp strings.

Backflipping away from an incoming helix of strings, (Y/N) landed on one hand as he pushed off the ground, placing himself against a tree as he jumped off it.

"Shadow Breathing - Second Form Modified: Vertical Shadow Wheel." (Y/N) swung down at the Demon who's hands were covered by strings from above, a slash of Shadow energy severing the demon directly in half as (Y/N) slashed at his neck, causing him to dissipate to ashes as (F/N) turned to look at the final member.

A look of despair and hopelessness covered her face as she dropped to the floor, not even bothering to put up a fight as (Y/N) walked up to her.

Crouching in front of the Demon, (Y/N) sighed deeply.

"You know, do you really have to do this?" (Y/N) asked, his lips forming into a thin line as the demon looked up.

"I don't have a choice...if I don't kill Demon Hunters, Rui would kill me...either way, all that waits for me is death..." The girl weeped, covering her face with her hands.

"..." (Y/N) looked on silently.

"Is Rui supposed to be your Big Brother?" (Y/N) asked kindly, sheathing his sword.

"Y-Yes...in this messed up family...he keeps calling us that...his family...but he always hurts us..." The girl cried, causing (Y/N)'s eyes to darken.

"I see. That's nothing like a real Big Brother should be. Tell me, do you want to live?" (Y/N) asked, patting her head comfortingly.