12th Sword | Falling Ashes

Pillars Meeting...

"So, let me get this straight. You want me, a demon, to hold off without killing any Pillars, but give them a chance to kill me?" (Y/N) asked skeptically, a hand on his chin as he spoke.

"...Allegedly. This would serve as both a test to see your restraint and a demonstration of your abilities." Oyakata smiled awkwardly.

"BULLSHIT! THAT'S MURDER IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!" (Y/N) huffed, before looking at the Pillars.

"Well...on one hand this is a perfect opportunity to see how powerful I am right now when compared to the Pillars..." (Y/N) felt a drop of sweat fall down his head as he looked at the Pillars.

"Ugh...fine. Can I at least pick the people I fight?" (Y/N) asked, facepalming.

"That's fine." Oyakata smiled, waving him off.

"Let's see..." (Y/N) looked at the Pillars, a hand on his chin.

"I shouldn't just choose the weakest ones, that wouldn't get me anywhere...let's choose some strong ones that I can handle. Let's see...Uzui's aura is pretty strong, he can work just fine. I still need to pay Giyuu back for manhandling me two years ago...damn, I didn't know I was holding a grudge...as for the last one...let's do Mitsuri. Her strength seems to be near the top of all the Pillars...yeah, this could work." (Y/N) thought, looking over all the Pillars before looking back at Oyakata.

"Alright, I'll fight Tengen Uzui, Tomioka Giyuu and Kanroji Mitsuri." (Y/N) spoke, drawing some surprised reactions from the Pillars behind him.

"Kid...you've made a flamboyant choice! Even if you do die, you will die flamboyantly!" Uzui grinned, smacking (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"Oi, watch it." (Y/N) pokerfaced, clearly not amused.

"...Why me?" Giyuu asked stoically.

"I still have a grudge from when you basically tossed me aside two years ago..." (Y/N) laughed nervously, causing Giyuu's eyes to widen as he remembered the scene, a small, unusual chuckle escaping his lips.

"Ehh? But why do I have to fight?" Mitsuri pouted, her cheeks flushed red.

"Sorry, Mitsuri-san...I didn't want to...wait, I probably shouldn't say that I didn't want to make the lineup too weak, that might insult them..." (Y/N) suddenly stopped, trying to think of an excuse.

"Uh...your hair looks pretty?" (Y/N) attempted to distract her, and by her expression, it seemed to work.

"Really? Some people say it looks weird! I'm glad you like it, (Y/N)-san!" Mitsuri smiled, twirling a strand of her hair in her hands.

"Thank god she's a simpleton..." (Y/N) smiled lightly.

"Pft, don't listen to people. It's not worth it." (Y/N) pokerfaced, only to feel an irritated look focused on him.

"The heck?" (Y/N) thought, glancing at Shinobu and making temporary eye contact, before she turned away with a huff.

"Did she really want to stab me that bad...?" (Y/N) sweatdropped, scratching his head nervously.

"Well, I suppose we can begin then. Remember, do not hold back." Oyakata smiled, waving his hand as all the other Pillars and Tsuguko's nodded, stepping out of range and giving an open field for the others.