Dylan Spritz POV - the investigation begins

The next day I arrived to school barely having any sleep from the weekends mysterious events. At lunchtime in the cafeteria, me, George and Joe sat at our table eating our meals. Joe and George were engaged in a 'Serious discussion."

"No! I rock Lily's world when I go to town on her. you haven't slept with anyone!" George argued.

"I slept with Tammy Glyers last summer!" Joe replied.

"She told Lily that was bollocks!" George laughed.

"She is the one telling the bollocks!" Joe argued.

"We all know you're a virgin. Nothing to be ashamed of." George said sarcastically.

"But I really did."

"Nope!"

"Yes!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

I had to butt in. "Will you guys shut the fuck up! There's more important things going on here, we need to find clues about the killer."

"He started it!" George said.

"I couldn't give a fuck about girls right now except for the safety of mine. We can't let him hurt anybody else!" I said.

"Look Dylan were not detectives like Sherlock fucking Holmes, how do we even know where to begin searching." George said.

I stopped and thought for a second. The killer aimed for Katie and knew that she would be home that night alone. It must be someone she knew quite well.
"Maybe we should ask some of her friends." I suggested.

"The hot popular girls?" Joe assked rhetorically. "They won't talk to us. They are solid tens!"

"Chelsea told me that Katies friends were proud of me for the speech I did. Surely I've earned their respect now. Maybe I should ask Jess Walker." I said.

"Even she probably won't talk to you. She might be hot but she can be a right bitch!" George said.

"If she wants to catch Katie's killer she will." I added.

"She was Katie's best friend. Do you really think she will want to be asked questions about this so soon?" George asked me.

"I don't know." I replied. "But surely she would want to stop this killer by any means necessary. I have to speak to her."

"I don't think Chelsea would be happy with you going to talk to another girl. Especially one who looks like her." Joe said.

"Well I don't have a choice! Chelsea's life is at stake here and maybe the lives of other girls at this school too. Are you two coming?" I asked.

They looked at me blankly.
"If you have their respect, they will talk to you. But as for me and virgin boy here. There's no chance." George said. Joe squinted his eyebrows at him.

"Okay! I'll be back!" I said before walking away to find Jess.

I walked down the corridors and saw the pretty popular girls all standing by the lockers. I walked over nervously. They all started to look in my direction.

"Hey Jess. Can I talk to you please?" I asked in front of all of the girls.

"Erm, sure." Jess responded.

Me and Jess walked a few yards away from the other girls by the end of the lockers.

"What's up?" Jess asked. "Is this about Katie?"

"Yes sort of." I told Jess.

" I just wanted to say I thought your speech was so sweet. It made us cry. I know you and her used to be close." Jess said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Thank you! That means so much but I have a really big problem and I think you might be able to help." I explained.

What is it?" Jess asked.

"Please keep this between us. It's important but I need to deal with this myself." I told Jess.

"Deal with what?" Jess asked curiously.

"I was with Chelsea the other day in my bedroom. We were having a good time and next minute I hear a knock at the door. I thought it was the lads and Lily because I'd invited them over but there was nobody there. I found an envelope on the floor that someone had posted it. It said 'Guess who' on the front. When I took the letter out there was a message threatening Chelsea. It was wrote as a weird poem though. I think it the same person who killed Katie. Chelsea is in danger and I need to find out who's behind it before it's too late." I explained.

"Oh my god!" She yelled. "That's so messed up! Another girl in the school who might be in danger but how am I supposed to help?" Jess asked.

"I need to know some details about any people who Katie was seeing or any of her friends before her murder. Was anyone acting suspicious some time before it happened?" I asked.

Jess thought about it for a second or so. "Well come to think of it she was dating Finn Fitzpatrick but the police are already enquiring about him."

"Do you think he is capable of murder?" I asked.

"I don't know him well enough to say but he would be pretty stupid to send you a letter like that after being investigated by police. Then again he was always kind of a dumb lad." Jess said.

"He's a suspect then but I'm not sure. Is there anybody else she was close too or had problems with?"

"She was very secretive about her relationship but rumour is she saw somebody else behind his back. I don't know if it's true she never told me about a secret man on the side."

"Whether it's true or not do you know who this guy is?" I asked.

"Rumour was it was Daniel Hucklefinn." Jess responded.

"Hucklefinn. He's a right dick! I don't know if Katie would go for somebody like that but I never thought she was the kind of girl to cheat on anybody. I wasn't as close to her the few months before she died and I didn't even know much about what was going on in her life. After I got with Chelsea I had to drift away but I should of kept looking out for her. I didn't even know she was dating anyone until you told me." I said.
"Looks like I'm gonna have to keep on eye on Hucklefinn. That guys such a jerk sometimes but I don't know if he's cut out to be a killer."

"Shouldn't you go to the police?" Jess asked.

"I can't.' I said firmly. "I can't let Chelsea know she's in danger but I need to prevent it before it's too late."

"Be careful then but I really do think you should go to the police. Something bad could happen if you take matters into your own hands." Jess warned me.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take. I need to find Hucklefinn." I said before strolling off to start my search.