Dylan Spritz POV - Exam stress

Me Patrick. What a complete ass! He had the nerve to accuse me of knowing something about these murders, he seemed like a weird type himself. He could be a murderer for all we might know. We studied in lessons to prepare for exams after break and I was nervous about the visit from the police so I tried not to think about things too much but I needed to remember my revision, I needed to pass my exams in order to gain good qualifications and get a job to provide for Chelsea and the baby.

Before I knew it break had came around and I met George and Joe in the cafeteria, we sat at a table in the corner while the girls were elsewhere at the time.

"So what did Patrick want?" George asked scoffing on his cheese and ham sandwich.

"He questioned me about the murders! Thinks I'm behind it all I think." I replied angrily.

"You can't be surprised." Joe butted in.

"What do you mean?"

"Well look at all the victims, they all had something to do with you. He killed Katie who you were close with, Jess who you had recently became friends with and your girlfriends been targeted. It's bound to raise suspicions."

"Thanks Joe, for the vote of confidence! But I barely know those twins who nearly got attacked, they have no connection to me whatsoever."

"Maybe he thinks you're using those twins to sidetrack and cover things up..."

"Are you saying he's right to suspect me?!"

"Wow! Easy! No no. I'm just saying he DOES suspect you and things aren't going to look good with the police if you don't get your stories straight."

"Why would I want to kill my own girlfriend?"

"There are times I've wanted to kill Lily." George said bluntly.
"She nags me a little too much sometimes."

"Oh confessions of a killer..." Joe joked.

"Yeah, I'm a killer aren't I Joe? Got my gas mask and my weapon in my bag pack. Maybe I might just murder you."

"Wasn't your great grandfather in the war? Maybe he left you a gas mask behind and you done your business."

"Funny guy Joe! He left stuff behind from the war, you know that. What are you trying to say?"

"That you're a killer!" Joe cried raising his eyebrows and widening his eyes. They both started laughing at each other.

"Guys how can you keep joking about this?" I asked angrily as I opened my chocolate bar.

"Dylan, this killer is long gone. He couldn't kill two girls in a fucking fog, you need to relax man." George said.

"I have been relaxed. I'm just stressing about this police visit and these exams..."

"Trust Patrick to arrange this on the same day as your maths exams. That's such his character, he's always hated us."

"The feelings mutual. The guys a freak, I heard he got caught staring at girls in the changing room before."

"Maybe he's the killer!" Joe added quickly.

"I wouldn't put it past him but nobody knows if the rumours are true." I replied.

"The killer goes for attractive women like you said and that perv was staring at naked girls who attend his school. It could be then again can't blame him for wanting to take a peak..."

"You need help." George added.

The bell rang and we all headed to the assembly hall to prepare for our maths exams. As I walked in I saw Chelsea sitting nervously in the front row, I gave her a smile to reassure her things will be alright. We all awaited to be took to the exam hall where we would all sit our test. We were all given a small bottle of water as we walked through to keep us hydrated throughout the exam which would last for two whole hours. We all took our places, the seating plan was alphabetical so I was quite a distance from Chelsea but I couldn't stop looking at her hoping she would be alright. We all had separate desks to avoid copying and invigilators were walking around the huge hall to make sure nobody was talking or cheating. The small old woman at the front with curly hair and glasses waited until the hall was filled before speaking.
"You may begin!" She said loud and clearly so her voice echoed throughout the hall. I wrote my name on the front of the exam but I could only think of everything besides this exam, Chelsea being pregnant, me being interrogated by the police. It was a lot to take in. What if the police suspected me? What if I was took to prison and Chelsea was left to raise the baby on her own. I started to feel sick and go pale, the stress was a lot.
"Are you alright?" An invigilator whispered to me.

"Yeah. Just nerves." I lied.

"Have some water, it will help." He whispered before wandering away.

I took a huge sip of water but it didn't help. I was stressing bad, I was getting angry and started to shake. Why did the headmaster arrange me to get me interrogated today? Did he want me to fail my exam? I was annoyed. The same invigilator came around again.
"Are you okay?"

"Can. I. Please. Go. To. The. Toilet?" I said trying not to break.

"You only just got here, I'm sorry. you will have to wait."

"I. Can't!"

"But boy."

"Please sir! Nerves are getting to me." I lied.

"I'll talk to the other invigilators."

If they would let me go then something was getting smashed or somebody was getting hurt. My anger was making my blood boil, I needed to pass this exam thanks to the principal I probably wasn't going to.

"You can go, but you only get one more bathroom trip."

So I walked away from my desk trying to stop shaking as people stared at me, I walked towards the toilets. I looked in the mirror at my pale face white and washed it. I then punched the mirror so hard I shattered it and made my hand bleed. It's flipped, I kicked the bins over and kicked the cubicle doors open and screamed. I heard a familiar voice
"what's all the noise? What's going on?"

It was Mr Patrick.

"Hello sir!" I grinned gritting my teeth.