Dylan Spritz POV - Unexpected news

I was laying next to Chelsea on my bed. I was stroking her hair and then her cheek as her head was turned away from me.
"I love you."
Chelsea turned her head slowly, her face was covered in blood, her eyes were closing slowly. She was gasping. She was gone.
"Chelsea!"

I gasped. It was just a dream. I started to breathe heavy and sweat was dripping from my my forehead. What a fucking nightmare! This only added to my stress and worry of losing the one girl I adored more than anything else in the world. Hadn't the police found this guy yet? It was past a joke now. I grabbed my glass of water from my bedside table and chugged it. I stared up to my ceiling. I didn't want to sleep for the rest of the night.

Come morning, I arrived at school to see Chelsea and Lily waiting for me at the fountain in the school grounds.

"We need to talk." Lily began.

Shit! Maybe this was about George cheating.

"The other night George disappeared, where did he tell you he went?"

I hesitated before speaking.
"He said he went home early he was drunk."

"So he went home without saying bye to me or even spending time with me! You're lying!"

"Easy now."

Chelsea butted in.
"If George has lied it's not really Dylan's fault. It's his best mate."

"He went off with another girl didn't he?" Lily asked.

"I... I'm not sure." I lied.

"I'm not stupid. How could he do that to me? Wait until I see him!"

Fuck me! George was in the shit now. Sudeently George and Joe arrived.

Lily stood up and crossed her arms.
"I think you have some explaining to do! So who was she?"

"What?" George replied.

"At that party! I know you fucked another girl!"

"No I didn't ask Joe what happened!"

"Joe?"

"Okay, okay." Joe began.
"Here's what happened. I got a little too drunk and George helped me home. He was quite bladdered himself so I let him stay round mine."

"Without saying goodbye to me! I doubt that!"

"It's true!"

"Whatever!" Lily yelled before shoving their way through the lads.

I gave them both a disapproving shake of the head.
"I'm not getting involved."

"I hope you didn't cheat on her, you know what she's been through, she deserves so much better than that!" Chelsea yelled.

"Easy babe." I said.

"I'm going to find her!" Chelsea said before walking away.

"Are you two all of the fucking ticket? You cheated on Lily and you covered up for him!"

"That's what friends do." Joe replied sarcastically.

"So who was the girls you were both with then?" I asked.

"None of your business." Joe said.

"I'd rather not say Dylan." George said.

"But I'm your best friend!"

"Best friends cover for each other and clearly you didn't do that!"

"If you hadn't have cheated on the girl you say you love then you wouldn't have got into this situation! Why should I have to cover your back for your wrong doing?"

"Because you are my friend, well you're supposed to be! Joe covered for me, no questions asked! I swear if she ends it with me!..."

"Whatever man!" I yelled before walking away.

"He's just jealous because he didn't get laid and we did!" Joe said behind my back as I walked away.

"Yeah! You know it!" George said fist bumping Joe.

Come break time rumour had spread that Jess Walker was not at school and nobody had heard from her since the party. I sat with Chelsea at the cafeteria while we discussed this.

"Something's not right here!" Chelsea cried.

"I know! Jess is a popular girl and nobody has heard off her! I have a bad feeling about this."

"Things need to be checked out. What if something happened during that party?"

"But there were security everywhere. Surely somebody would have seen something."

"I'm worried. Seriously worried!"

After school me and Chelsea arrived to my house. We walked in and I stuck the television on while she went into the kitchen to make us a fresh cup of tea.
A news broadcast appeared on the screen with famous news reporter Dana Daniels. My heart sank when I realised she was standing outside Jess Walkers house where we had previously partied.

"The body of Jess Walker was found in her own bedroom, the body has been there for several days according to forensics and this murder is suspected to be concerted to the murder of Katie Dasher. The popular girl had organised a party for her friends to enjoy but her own life was taken. Security had been hired for this might but police are shocked to discover that security had no idea of this murder whatsoever. Students attending Walshell high school are going to be investigated to find out who attended the party and to find out any clues of another gruesome murder in the Walshell area."

No! Not again! Another girl I knew had been murdered.

Chelsea walked in with my cup of tea.
"What's wrong babe? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's Jess... she...she's dead!"