Dylan Spritz POV: Diversions and sacrifices

YOU PSYCHO!" I yelled as I crouched down to see if Lily was alright.

"Move away from her! NOW!" Joe screamed. I noticed Lily was bleeding, she was alive holding onto her stomach and screaming out yelps of pain. I put my hands up before Joe did anything to me.

"I'm sorry Lily." I whispered with tears down my eyes before I moved away from her."

"She should of stayed back!" Joe began. "Yes Lily, i'm the killer and I had good reason for it! Now let's pay pregnant Chelsea a visit!" He said grinning and pointing the pistol at me.

"Leave her out of this, she's carrying my child, you will not harm anybody else tonight!" I yelled bravely.

"You think you can stop me? You always were too brave Dylan Spritz. Sometimes being too brave is being too stupid!"

"Fuck you! You won't hurt her!"

All of a sudden Joe grabbed my around the throat, I had never really noticed the strength he had before. He pointed the gun at me while throttling me, I decided not to retaliate.

"You listen here! Don't use your filthy mouth to me, I've had enough of that shit for a lifetime, people hurt me so I hurt them and I will not hesitate to hurt you!"

I just glared at Joe and did not reply as he pointed the pistol to my skull.

"Now let's go to her! No comments! Go!"

Joe held the gun on me as I walked towards the tent in front of him.

"Please. Leave Chelsea out of it." I begged.

"We will see. Now go in the tent and distract her while I deal with the outsiders."

"You think I can go to her like this, in this state? She will know something is wrong."

"Fair point. Now how do I go about this, maybe if I chuck all of the bodies into the lake."

"You're nuts! You are INSANE!"

Joe punched me around the face so hard I nearly fell to the floor. As I cowered on the floor looking into Joes eyes with hatred, he pointed the pistol at me once again.
"Final warning! I killed those, I could kill you too!"

I was stuck. I didn't know what to do. People had been harmed tonight and it was all my fault, I knew that the killer was somebody l close, I knew that Chelsea was preganant and still brought her on this trip anyways, I sacrificed all of my suspicions for what I thought was real and true friendship. I looked down to the floor and sobbed.

"Weird isn't it Dylan? All of the gunshots and noise and Chelsea hasn't even responded." Joe said grinning. This thought had crossed my mind too but for the child's sake I hope she was just staying away and staying quite. I needed a way to stall Joe but I was running out of time and also running out of patience .

"You can't kill her, you'll kill an unborn child!" I yelled still not picking myself up from the wet ground.

"I suppose Dylan but I got to shut you all up now! Finns dead, Lily's dead. I think everyone's got to die, no matter what the consequences. I really stopped caring a long time ago about the same time as people stopped caring about me. You don't get the happy ending Dylan. Not this time!"

I looked over to Lily, I'm pretty sure she was moving but I could not let Joe into this as he would make sure to finish her off.
"Why Lily? She didn't do anything to you, you had no reason to kill her."

"I had no intention of killing Lily of course, no real motive anyways. I mean I was going to grass George in sooner or later, I didn't need to kill him or her I could destroy the happy couples relationship without murder, then again that was his fault not mine but poor Lily got in the way and nothing seemed to go to plan tonight! Never intended to kill Fitzpatrick either but he caused a struggle and George should of been framed for the whole thing too meaning I could of destroyed his life without killing him, Lily would know he's a cheat, he'd be behind bars but I guess I'm still an amateur I guess. I learn from every mistake I make Dylan don't you worry!"

I felt the tiniest bit of relief from behind Joe as I saw a figure sneaking up from behind him, it was George! He was conscious and he was trying to sneak up on Joe to help me.I had to keep Joe distracted by any means necessary. There could be no more mistakes. I tried to 'use my tears' to my advantage.
"I'm sorry Joe!" I sobbed. "It's my fault, you were a good friend, you weren't a killer, maybe if I'd have listened to you more, spent more time with my best friend. I could of even hooked you up with someone, this isn't you Joe. You were never this. I'm so sorry!"

"Now you're sorry!" Joe screamed as George approached him from behind very slowly, with Joe still pointing the pistol at me.
"I did the necessary to build myself back up, you never cared before but you care now. Maybe if you'd have stuck up for me more with George, or hung out with me more or even showed me an inch of respect then things could have went different. I have always been on my own, some of us may seem happy on the outside but deep down we are not happy with what we have. Look at you! You got Chelsea and you're still an angry cunt all of the time and look at George, he's a bully and a cheat but he got the pretty little redhead some-fucking-how and me, friendly little Joe, got nobody on his side. You are trying to mess up my mind! I have set everything in true perspective! I-"

SMACK! George had whacked Joe around the head with a punch I never knew he was capable of, the pistol flew out of his hand as Joe stumbled back, it landed close by me. George and Joe got into a fist fight which include a barrage of punches and blows.
"Why didn't I kill you?!" Joe screamed.

"You! EVIL! SCUM!" George cried.

I picked up at the pistol and aimed at Joe who was still rolling around the wet damp grass with George.
"It's over let George go! You're finished!"

"You don't have the balls!" Smack! Whack!
"Difference is ill pull the trigger but could you really kill your old close friend to save another claw friend?"...