Dylan Spritz POV - Camping trip preperations

It was finally the weekend and the camping trip was slowly approaching. Me, George and Joe stood outside an off license around the corner from the town square.

"So where's this fake I.D. That you say you own Joe?" George asked.

"I told you I lost it!" Joe snapped.

"You never had one in the first place you bullshitter, how can we get alcohol without I.D.?"

"Steal it?"

"So you're a thief now too?"

"Look, you two distract the shopkeeper and I'll sneak out with the goods. I can be really sneaky you know."

"I'm not sure," I said. "Robbing beer doesn't seem the right way to go, we have the money right here."

"But Dylan without I.D, they will not serve us so it's pointless trying. Maybe Joe is right about this for once in his life." George replied.

"I'm not about that life anymore, I don't want to be a part of this. Their has got to be another day, I come to this store all of the time."

"Fine! Me and Joe will go while you wait around the corner if you're gonna be like this. Do you want booze or not?"

"Of course I do."

"Then go with the plan."

'Idiots!' I thought as they entered the shop, I hid around the side of a wall not far from the corner shop to observe things without being a part of this ridiculous plan. I waited and waited. Ten minutes had passed before anything happened, Joe was running out of the store with a bottle of vodka in one hand and some beers in the others clenched onto his fingers.

"Oi you get here, thieving bastard!" The Indian shopkeeper yelled as he ran after Joe. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Fuck off!" Joe yelled as he ran nearly tripping and dropping the alcohol. George came out laughing.

"Sneaky he said!" George cried.
"Didn't think nothing of me, I just brought a pack of biscuits."

We laughed as we watched Joe getting chased up the road until both the shopkeeper and Joe had vanished out of sight.

"Let's just hope he gets away and keeps all of the booze." George said.

"Yeah let's hope so."

After me and George shared his packet of biscuits I decided to phone up Joe and see if his plan had been successful and that he had gotten away without too much trouble. I called him up and it rang for a while before Joe answered.

"Hey!" Joe panted. "I'm hiding right now can't talk!" Got the booze still, don't worry!" And the call ended.

"He's hiding still." I told George.

"Haha, what about the booze?"

"He said it's all fine, we will try to call him again soon." I laughed.

After a while Joe was clear and we met up with him at the town square. We sat at our usual seats and discussed things.

"I thought that Indian was gonna kill you." I said.

"I was tempted to dash the bottle of vodka at the cunt." Joe said.

"Thank fuck you didn't, we needed that alcohol." George added.

"I had it covered!" Joe cried.

"Yeah and the money we saved we can use for munchies." George added excitedly as he loved his food.

"What if the girls ask how we afforded all of this, and how we got served?" I asked.

"Simples young Spritz. We tell them we got somebody to go in for us and got us a decent price meaning we could afford more items.Or something like that" George said.

"I guess it couldn't hurt."

After a lot of chatting and eating Joe seemed very quite once again.

"Joe what's wrong?" I asked considerately.

"It's nothing Dyl." Joe said quietly.

"Come on now. You been quite for ages now. Tell us."

"It's just...nothing. Nothing at all"

"Joe it's alright, we're here."

"It's just..."

"Just what?"

"You two found your girls in life, Lily and Chelsea. But me, look at me! I'll never have that shit and I'll be on the wheel once again on this camping trip while you lot are all loved up." Joe explained.

"Look bud," George began. "You can't force love or a relationship, it's about patience and commitment. You can't just get a girl whenever you want, usually it comes more naturally from unexpected areas. Like it'll happen when you least expect it."

"What if I never find anybody?"

"You will," I added. "In time. You're a funny guy Joe and believe us, some girls love a funny guy."

"But look at me, I don't have anything good about me really."

"You need to believe in yourself, gain some confidence and you'll get there. But it doesn't mean you can't have fun while you're on that journey, I'm sure until you find that right girl you will have plenty of flings with other girls." I said.

"Plenty of slags around!" George said winking at Joe.

"Maybe but even them girls probably wouldn't go near me."

"Trust me Joe, you're time will come soon enough..."