Dylan Spritz POV - Consequences

I rushed around to Chelsea's house on the morning. She had given me news I didn't want to hear however I was glad she was alright.

"Where is this fucking package?" I asked angrily as Chelsea opened up the door to me.

"It's in there." Chelsea said with tears falling down her eyes . "How could anyone hurt her. She is so cute. And I'm going to be next."

"Don't say that!" I cried.
"I won't let this happen to you! Let me read the letter."

Chelsea handed me the letter which had blood stains around it. The letter read 'When the cat gets called, the cat will get killed, understand the metaphor, like the blood that will spill, if you look cute, the killing is my thrill'

"Fucking Nutter!" I yelled punching the wall to the side of the front door.

"Please calm down babe." Chelsea said still crying.

"No! If this guy can do this, watch what I do when I fucking find him!" I cried.

"Leave it to the police. We have called them." Chelsea explained.

I grabbed both of Chelseas hands with my own.
"I'm sorry Chels. I'm sorry! I should of spoke up. I thought I could handle this on my own!"

"Wait! What do you mean? Handle what?" Chelsea asked.

"There was a letter to you that came to my house the other day. It was a threat about you. A weird poem like this one. I never told you. I didn't want to scare you!" I told her.

Chelsea let go of my hands.
"You knew my life was in danger?"

"Yes! I'm sorry! I didn't want to scare you. I investigated but I didn't find nothing. I kept on eye on you. I took extra care to make sure nothing happened."

"You knew I was in danger and you didn't tell me. I could have been killed!" Chelsea yelled.
"You didn't tell anybody? You kept this to yourself?"

"No! I told my friends!" I replied. "I told them to keep it quite. I didn't want to worry you or scare you."

"You had a responsibility to tell me something like that! You have betrayed my trust and you tell your friends over your girlfriend!" Chelsea shouted.

"I'm sorry! I was scared! I lost Katie! I'm not gonna lose you too!" I cried.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now. The police are on the way! Just leave me alone!" Chelsea said crying even more by this point.

"I can't leave you! You are in danger!" I cried.

"And you knew that for how long! The police will have to deal with it. If you grow some common sense maybe you'll tell them about that stupid fucking letter! Goodbye Dylan!" Chelsea said as she slammed the door on me.

"Fuck!" I yelled punching the wall again.

This killer was not only killing close friends, my lovers pet but was also ruining my relationship. Maybe I was wrong not to tell Chelsea the truth but I was so scared, nervous and confused that I didn't know how to react.
I was told to tell the police and not to play detective however I didn't listen and I was stupid. I had to make it up with Chelsea fast considering I could lose her soon but I knew I could not let that happen!

I went to school the following day and saw my mates Joe and George with Lily and Chelsea.

"Chelsea I'm sorry!" I said as I walked over.

"Leave me alone!" She said before walking off.

"Is she alright?" I asked Lily.
"How did it go with the police?"

"Maybe she would tell you if you was honest with her in the first place. " Lily said sarcastically.

"I was scared and confused! I didn't want to upset or scare her!" I explained.

"Yet you didn't tell your own girlfriend that she was in danger. Maybe if you did tell her or maybe told the police she would of been more well protected and that lunatic killer would not have cut up her cat!" Lily said.

"You don't fucking understand!" I yelled.

"Hey easy Dylan!" George said. "That's my girl you're talking to."

"Whatever!" I cried. "At least your girl isn't on the killers fucking hit list!" I said before walking away from everyone.
I was more pissed off than I had ever been before. I know I probably could of handled things better but the consequences meant I now felt more alone than ever.