Ch14: trouble escalates

The atmosphere in the Merry looked grim. Luffy, the captain of the ship, Monkey D. Luffy has fallen ill.

The straw hats looked at him with sad faces.

Madara just stood there with his arms crossed and a serious face.

"He has 110 degrees!" Nami looked at the thermometer "This is terrible!"

"Luffy's going to die!" Usopp cried beside them

"No, he is not" Madara spoke "How long we are from Alabasta?"

"It'll take at least a week to get to Alabasta" Vivi looked to Luffy "I don't think we'll make it in time"

"What can we do then?" Sanji asked

"It is simple" Madara looked to the straw hat "We take a detour, we can't let Luffy suffer like this"

"But…." Vivi looked down. She remembered the newspaper from three days ago that Nami showed her, the civil war in Alabasta intensified, and thousands of troops have been deployed, whatever they do, could or couldn't change the stages of the war.

"Don't…. worry" Luffy said with faint voice "We…promised Vivi, to go… Alabasta" His breathing was getting heavier every second.

Madara with his arms crossed clenched his forearms and had a serious expression that hided his preoccupation.

Luffy tried to stand from his bed "We…. Continue our course"

"Steady, Luffy" Nami tried to stop Luffy from moving

"Well, it is your decision, princess" Madara stared to Vivi

Vivi was silent for a second before talking "The situation in Alabasta is critical, and I know this is selfish of me, but I want to get to Alabasta as fast as possible" She made a pause "That is why, we need to sail this ship at maximum speed, and look for an island with a doctor for Luffy as soon as possible, we can't save Alabasta without Luffy"

The straw hats smiled at Vivi's decision.

"Let's go" They came out of the men's quarters

"We need to find a doctor for Luffy"

When they all came out, Vivi looked as Madara stood beside Luffy without moving an inch.

"Aren't you coming, Mr. Uchiha?"

"I will stay here for a while, you can go and prepare the ship"

"Okay" Vivi left the quarters looking back to the door.

In the room, Madara stood quietly looking to the sick Luffy. Then, he came out of the men's quarters with a serious expression.

---------------

And so, ignoring the Eternal Pose that pointed the way to Alabasta, they sailed the Merry in search of a doctor.

Meanwhile in the deck, Sanji was being training by the long-haired man, but this time, training was a little different.

"Again!" Madara looked to the injured blindfolded Sanji that coughed blood and painted heavily in the ground "Get up"

Sanji stood and attacked with a powerful kick with Madara stopped with his hand and twisted it making Sanji fall to the ground.

"Is my imagination or Madara is being more ruthless in his training?" Vivi looked to the training. While massaging her hands together.

"Maybe he is preoccupied about Luffy" Nami answered.

"By the way, what is his relationship with him?" Vivi asked "Luffy calls him uncle all the time, are they related?"

"Well" Nami turned her attention to the long-haired man "When I met Luffy I asked him about his strength, it turns out he has been training him since he was little, he took a liking to him and started calling him uncle, but they are not blood-related, if that is your question"