Ch19: Omake

Omake 1: Being a Caring Uncle

Years Ago

"Hungryyyy" Luffy groaned as he and his brothers sat around the bonfire that was considered safe zone in their training called "War Zone". The three kids sat there received the heat at warm of the fire and the feeling of safety knowing that was a true safe zone.

Over time, they discovered how to distinguish between a true safe zone and a fake safe zone.

The true safe zone will always have the bonfire firewood placed meticulously, all the woods were placed horizontally and one on top of another. The fake ones will have the firewood placed without any order, just throw into the fire.

They noted that after a couple of months and a dozen of injures and ambushes executed by the monster in human clothing that they call uncle.

"We know Luffy, but we searched for animals all day and we couldn't find anything" Ace complained.

"I don't know guys, maybe we could find something around if we search for it" Sabo proposed

"I don't want to move from here, this is the first safe zone we'd found in weeks, I will stay here, thank you"

"Me too!" Luffy spoke "I want to sleep here as much as I can!"

"Fine" Sabo stood and turned to walk away from the bonfire "I will look for something, you stay here safe, okay?"

"Yeah"

"Hmm"

Unknown to them, a silhouette sat on a branch of a tree. He watched the children for a moment before disappearing without sound.

----------------------

Sabo walked for some time. His stomach groaned as he looked around in the darks of the forest.

"Nothing" Sabo groaned. He sat with his back against a tree with his head down.

*BUHII*

A cry was heard at the distance. Sabo immediately recognized it as the roar of a boar. Quickly Sabo stood and ran towards the cry.

After running for some seconds, he found a boar eating from a flower.

Sabo grabbed a rock and quickly knocked out the boar. He grabbed the animal and placed him on his shoulder.

Sabo stopped and turned around. The top-hat boy turned and saw nothing. He felt hidden in a branch of a tree, but there was nothing there. Shrugging off the thought, he walked back to his brothers.

"Guys look! I found a boar!"

"Food!"

"Meat!"

The three brothers enjoyed the meal together.

Someone watched them eat from the branch of a tree. Apparently happy with himself, he disappeared.

Sabo felt something off and turned to the branch of the tree. He looked around and nothing, just like last time.

"Something the matter, Sabo?" Ace asked his brother

"Nothing, let's go back to eat"

----------------------

Present

Sabo stared to the boar meat placed in front of him. A single tear fell from his cheeks remembering the event of years ago. His smile showed profound joy

After sometime, he figured out how the boar appeared so close to them in the middle of the night.

"Are you okay, Sabo?" His partner asked him, the girl patted his shoulder while the rest of the revolutionaries stopped eating.

"Nothing, just a memory"

"A happy or sad one?"

He cleaned the tear with his sleeve and turned to his fellow revolutionary with a smile "A happy one, of course"

"About what?"

"About the only true parent I ever had" Sabo happily replied

"Can you tell us? Please?" Koala released the legendary technique of "Puppy Eyes" to Sabo.

The top-hat man flinched and waved off with his hand "Fine, Fine" He sat straight on the table "It all started with uncle decided to train us, he called it "War Zone""