Chapter 8

Natsu POV:

With Sting on one side and Rogue on the other we sit and watch Kiko and Yukino, Sting and Yukino have recently started dating so they are pretty close. And poor Rogue is like a permanent third wheel. Maybe he'll find someone someday....

"Right Kitami, firstly you need to learn how to use your magic energy." Yukino says with a smile.

"Use my magic energy? What does that mean?" She asks confused.

"Everyone has magic energy, they just need to learn how to use it." Yukino replies. "Sit down and cross your legs, then focus on pulling the magic energy from the air. It's all around you, you just need to learn how to feel it."

Kiko nods her head and then focuses, as I sit and watch her I notice a soft golden glow surround her hand. A smile appears on my face as I watch her, she's just like her mom. Yukino smiles as she watches Kiko, she then places a hand on the key.

"Now repeat after me." Yukino says to Kiko.

"I call upon thee in the world of the celestial spirits, I beckon you to my side at once. Pass through the gate!" Kiko yells a gold magic circle forming under her feet. "Open gate of Canis Minor, Nikora!"

In a puff of blue smoke a Nikora appears, It's blue with a silver nose and has small dark blue stars on its belly. Kiko looks at it in awe and then kneels down.

"Hi there..." She says looking at the spirit.

"Good Job Kitami!" Yukino says with a smile. "Now you just need to begin collecting your own keys!" 

Kirito walks over and looks at the small spirit, a confused look on his face. Asuna looks pretty confused too, but the rest of us have seen Plue with Lucy so we're used to seeing him walking around the guild hall. 

"So what do I do now Yukino?" Kiko asks her.

"Now you make the contract and give it a name." She explains and then sits down with Sting.

"Um will you make a contract with me?" Kiko asks looking at the Nikora.

It nod's its head and then opens it's arms, Kiko smiles and then pulls the Nikora into her arms into a hug. 

"So what's it's name?" She asks.

"That's up to you, I know your mom had a white Nikora and called him Plue. So it's up to you what you want to call it." I say to her as she walks over to me.

"How about Star?" She asks me.

I pick her up and sit her on my lap, giving her hair a ruffle she giggles.

"I think it's an awesome name Kiko." I say with a smile. "Want to see your mom's keys? We keep them here in the guild hall to keep them safe."

"Ok daddy!" She says.

Putting her back down I walk into the library, in a small box behind a row of books is Lucy's key pouch. We had to take it off her before she went into the hospital and we needed a safe place to keep them, so we keep them here protected by a spell which allows only Fairy Tail members to open the box. Opening the box a soft scent fills my nose, Lucy's keys still hold a small amount of her scent which never fails to make my heart speed up. Pulling them out I feel the cold metal against my palm, closing the pouch again I walk back into the guild hall. Kiko comes skipping over to me with Star following behind her, I kneel down and then open the key pouch.

"Here they are, these are your mom's keys. There are twelve keys which open the gates to the Zodiac..." I start and then she cuts me off.

"And Mommy had ten of them right? She told me a little about them when Uncle Loke came, he was really funny. He was really nice to Mommy, but he liked to flirt with the girls in the guild. Did he do that here?" She asks me.