Chapter 13

Natsu POV:

Holding the Fairy Tail flag tightly in my hands I stroke the soft fabric, Kirito walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Lucy must have heard Yui call her, did you do something so she could hear you Yui?" Kirito asks her.

"I called her using my system commands, she must have heard me call her." Yui explained. "I called and managed to reach her."

Leafa looks towards the world tree, then she looks at me with a soft blush on her cheeks. She then sighs and turns to face us.

"What time will the guild be here?" She questions.

"We're already here!" Penelope hells flying towards us with a huge mass of people.

Turns out when word got out that people were trapped in ALO people banded together, there are now hundreds of people are coming together to help us get Lucy back! Kiko jumps into my arms holding me tightly, tears of joy shining in her eyes. Wrapping her arms tightly around my neck she pulls out her small sword.

"Lets get Mommy back!" She yells and others cheer along with her.

Once everyone knows what we have to do we make our way towards the tree, once at the door a voice asks us if we want to proceed onto the quest. Kirito and I look at each other and then nod, both of us reach forward and press the accept button. Once accepted the doors swing open, and we all walk inside. Taking a deep breath I put Kiko down, hold tightly onto her hand and then summon my sword. Erza looks over at me and walks closer to Kiko, knowing that she needs protection. Once everyone is inside and the doors close, it turns into chaos. Pods which lined the walls suddenly burst open freeing the guards of the world tree, they all begin to fly towards us at break neck speeds...But Lucy trained her guild mates well.

"Fairy Tail formation one!" Abel yells.

The Fairy Tail members then form themselves into a wall, summoning their wings they begin to fly forward, weapons at the ready. Slicing through the guards they begin to take out large numbers of them, looking up Kiko spreads her wings and beging to weave her way through them. I panic but then watch her, with the fire in her eyes matching her mother. With a smirk I hold my own sword and begin to fight, people down on the ground are using spells to support us and give us extra bosts. My sowrd begins to slash through the guards, sticking close to Kiko we fight in sync.

"Natsu! Get up here!" Kirito yells.

Grabbing Kiko's hand, I fly quickly up towards Kirito. But as I'm getting closer a huge swarm of guards holding bows fire at us. Pulling Kiko quickly into my arms I shield her from most of the shots, she cries out as one of them scratches her arm. Then it's like something washes over me, feeling a real fire in my belly I arch my head back and cry out loudly.

"FIRE DRAGON ROAR!" I yell.

My flames are unleashed, destroying the arrows which are coming towards us. Kiko looks up at me with wonder in her eyes, she told me that Lucy told her stories about my magic. But I guess this is her first time seeing it unleashed in such a way. Erza smiles at me and then the three of us fly up to join Kirito, Asuna and Yui. Having broken through the mass of the guards we finally reach the top of the tree, Yui has the keycard in her hands as she looks at the 'door'.

"I think we need to get this to get inside, but...it should have opened automatically." She says giving the keycard to Kirito. "Try it daddy."

Taking the card from her Kirito makes his way towards what looks like a small gap, then with a yell he forces the key card into the gap. A blinding white light escapes and we all fall through the gap which has now exploded open. Landing with a thud I feel a huge weight ontop of me, and something tickling my nose. With a loud sneeze the weight falls off me, sitting up I notice the weight was everyone ontop of me.

"Sorry guys." I say with a chuckle. "What was tickling my nose?"

"My tail." Erza says standing up and looking around. "Where are we?"

"The top of the world tree, I think." Asuna says helping Kiko up. "But wasn't there supposed to be a castle up here?"

"Yeah there was." Kirito says angrily. "Just how many more lies will they tell us?!"

Yui looks around, it looks like she recognises something.

"I can sense Aunt Lucy's player code! She's this way!" Yui cries and begins to fly through the maze of hallways.

We all begin to run after her, my heart pounding in my ears as we run. Kiko holds onto my hand tightly as she can, a huge smile on her face. We then come out of the hallway onto what looks like huge tree branches, Yui then pauses and points to a golden cage hanging from a tree branch.

"That's where Lucy is." She says.

Kirito puts a hand on my shoulder and then smiles at me.

"Take Kiko over there, call us when your ready." He says pulling Asuna close to him with a warm smile on his face.

I look down at Kiko and pick her up in my arms, Yui sits on my shoulder ready to open the gate holding Lucy prisoner. Taking a deep breath I begin to make my way towards the cage.

Lucy POV:

I sit watching the setting sun fall between the leaves of the tree, with my knees tucked close to my chest. The wind slowly ruffling my dress, and causing my hair to float around my shoulders.

"Hey Luce..."

My heart stops, so many times I've had this dream....where he'll be there....

Turning around I see Natsu standing at the cage gate, with Kiko in his arms and Yui on his shoulder. Pulling my hands to my mouth I try and hold back my sobs, the gate then burst open and Kiko came running into my open arms.

"Mommy!" She cried.

Picking her up I hold onto her tightly as she wraps her legs around my waist, she sobs into my neck as I feel tears falling down my own cheeks.

"Oh my girl..." I whisper holding her close.

Then I see him.

Natsu walks towards me with a smile on his face, he's real. He's right here in front of me....Putting Kiko down she wraps her arms tightly around my waist, then I reach my hand out and touch Natsu's cheek. He's much cooler than in real life, but it's still him. He reaches his hand up and holds my hand on his cheek, he then brings it to his hand. Kissing it softly. My cheeks flush red as he comes closer to me, pressing his head against mine.

"Don't ever leave me again...." He said, his eyes focused on mine. "Promise me that you'll never leave me again."

I laugh softly.

"I promise Natsu.." I say looking down at Kiko who smiles at me happily.

"Me and Daddy worked really hard to bring you back! Uncle Kirito and Aunt Asuna too!" She says happily.

"Daddy?" I ask as Natsu picks Kiko up.

"Yeah, guess you could say I've grown up a little." He says, flashing me a grin I haven't seen in over two years. "Hey you three, get over here will ya!"

I look and then notice Asuna and Kirito running over, Asuna runs right at me pulling me into her arms tightly. Tears fill my eyes as I hold her close, I'm a mixture of emotions. Happiness, joy, bliss even a little sadness....Kirito then walks over and pulls me into a brotherly hug.

"Good to see you again Lucy." He says with a smile.

"Same to you, now did any of you figure out how to get me out? I found a controll panell but couldn't log out before I was caught." I explain.

"You tried to get out?" Natsu asks me.

"Oh yeah, don't think that I just sat on my butt the whole time." I say with a smile. "Where else did you think the key card came from."

Natsu smiles at me then wraps his arm around my shoulder, leaning close to him I look towards the open gate. And then I gasp.

"Well, it looks like I have some ants in my birdcage..."