Chapter 12

Lucy POV:

I run as fast as my legs can carry me, turns out the wings on my back are just for show. Or I just don't know how to use them. I come to a small tunnel just along the branches of the tree, keeping my eyes and ears open I make my way through the tunnel. There's a button on a door at the end of the tunnel so I hesitantly give it a press and the door swings open, jumping back I hide and then look inside.

"Looks like it's clear." I whisper to my self.

I then begin to walk down the hall, my bare feet making slapping noises on the floor. I walk for what feels like forever and then find a map, it looks like a map of the whole world tree!

"Where is it..." I whisper again as my eyes scan over the map, my eyes then lock onto a certain area. "Experiment room?"

Taking a deep breath I remember what Oberon once told me.

You will be mine, by your own free will or my will

I make my way there keeping my guard up, once I reach it I come to a room. The room looks to be full of small pillars with blue lights coming from them, walking through I stop and look at one. And when I realize what it is I feel physically sick.

It's a human brain....

He's controlling people here....the people who are still stuck in the game! What the hell is he trying to do! I look as small signs begin to appear surrounding the brain, each of them firing something at it. Tears fill my eyes as I realize what they're doing, I pull my hands to my chest and hold them tightly.

"I can feel it's suffering...." I whisper still fearful that I'll get caught. "All of them..."

Anger begins to burn inside me, he won't get away with this!

"I promise you..." I say and then look at all the other poor players trapped like me. "As the Fairy Tail guild master and fellow prisoner, he won't get away with this."

I hear the doors open so quickly hide my self as two slugs make their way through the lab, they stop at one and begin discussing the stats of the players brain. So while they're distracted I begin to sneak away, using the different pillars to hide my self I begin to make my way to the back of the lab. And then I notice it, a system control panel. Walking over to it I keep making sure that the slugs haven't noticed me, I notice a card in it so I slide it down with the hopes of accessing the system. Once it's open I scan it and quickly find a section where I can log out, hope begins to swell inside me as I reach my hand out to set my self free.

Just as I'm about to touch it purple tentacles surround me, pulling me away from the console. The slugs hold me in front of their eyes as they get a good look at me, too good a look if you ask me! I squirm in their grasp trying to break free, but they don't intend on letting me go just yet.

"Hey look who it is!" One of them says.

"It's the bosses queen Titania." The other replies, his eye focusing on my body. "She's hot, no wonder he likes her."

"I'm not his queen!" I cry still trying to break free. "Let me go you creeps!"

"Ooh she has a fire in her! Maybe we could play with her just a little bit..." One says his tentacle crawling down my leg.

"Nah, the boss will kill us if we do anything to her. Let's take her back to the cage." The other said and began to take me back.

"No!" I yell still trying to break free.

They ignore me and continue to slip out of the room, my eyes fill with tears as I watch the system control panel fade from my view. They soon toss me back into the cage, my body rolls on the ground as I hear the cage door slam behind me. Turning my head I watch them as they change the password from the outside, they then go away laughing. I curl up into a ball, pulling my legs tightly to my chest. I was so close! So close to going home! The tears that were in my eyes finally fall down my cheeks, I begin to sob. But then I look at my hands, before they took me I managed to pull out a control card. Standing up I walked over to my bed and lifted the pillow, pulling out the Fairy Tail flag I wrap the card in it. Hopefully I can use the same trick as last time, but if not....hopefully someone is looking for me...

Nastu POV:

We finally can see the world tree, after leaving the ALO guild hall we spent two days flying. Pausing for little breaks here and there, and even doing a little bit of fighting. We ended up helping Leafa with some issues and I even found out that this sword I use actually uses fire magic! It was so awesome! Made me feel like my real self! And now we're here, at the world tree. The Fairy Tail guild have been tracking our progress so they are now making their way towards the world tree them selves, Kiki holds tightly onto my hand as we look up at the tree.

"It's so big..." She says as I pick her up in my arms.

"Yeah, I would normally suggest seeing if we can fly to the top. But since that one group tried it, they've put a barrier between us and the lower branches of the tree." Leafa explains.

Kiko looked up at the tree and opened her wings wide, she began to fly towards the top of the tree at a high speed. Yui followed her closely as she sped towards the top, my eyes widened as I watched her fly into the barrier. Quickly opening my own wings I flew up to catch her, she landed in my arms with a thud but looked up to the tree with tears in her eyes.

"Mommy! Mommy I'm here!" She cried flying back to the barrier.

Yui flew towards the barrier and began to hit it with her small fists.

"Aunt Lucy! We're all here! Can you hear us?!"

Lucy POV:

I sat stroking the Fairy Tail guild flag, often using it to wipe away my tears. But then I heard a voice, one that I never thought I would hear again.

"Aunt Lucy! We're all here! Can you hear us?!" I heard Yui call.

Jumping to my feet I looked around frantically, trying to spot the young girl.

"Yui! Yui I'm here!" I called back hoping for a reply.

Running towards the edge of my cage I look out for Yui, then I remember what Oberon did. He put a barrier between me and the base of the tree so no one else can find me, holding my hands tightly I look down at the control card. Then tying the flag around I I toss it as hard as I can and watch it fall down towards the base of the tree.

"I'll be here waiting..." I whisper to the breeze.

Nastu POV:

I hold Kiko tightly in my arms as she cries, when I notice something falling from the tree. Flying over I catch it with my spare hand, I then fly down to Asuna and Kirito. Both of them look at me with sympathetic eyes, Leafa however looks confused.

"What did you catch?" Asuna asks.

"Don't know." I say putting Kiko down to look at the bundle.

I begin to unravel it when something falls out of it, Yui picks it up and begins to examine it while I look at what it was wrapped in. My eyes widen as I look at the Fairy Tail flag, its damp in places and smells slightly salty. Lucy was crying....Lifting it to my nose again I inhale deeply, it smells like strawberry and vanilla....

"Lucy..." I whisper looking at the tree. "I'm coming Lucy. I promise you."