Forty two:Feeling Guilty

Tara p.o.v

My name is Tara Stewart , am sixteen years old. I live with my mum, step dad and my stepsister janet who I aslo call jane  for short form.

Before my mom met my step dad I had my dad who was a soldier he died  when he was at war . And my mom was in  depression and  it was worrying me alot. I didn't know how to help her.

I don't know what was wrong or I was curious but it feels like a miracle just happened.

One day my mom came home and told me that she had been seeing someone and that made me so happy that she was moving on despite loving my dad with all her heart.

I finally met my step dad and stepsister which made me happy because she was open minded person and was getting along with us too. We ended up being a good family.

No one would think we're stepsisters. We even became friends with two hijabi Muslim girls named Simran and Sara.

Everything was going well to an extent we made a pack with the some boys who were named "The kings of high school" because they were so good looking  for girls to even fall for them in a second including us.

High school was so perfect, Simran got engaged to Max but what shocked me was a day came when jane  told that she was in love with him too.

I mean it wasn't even possible this was driving me crazy I was between my friend and my step sister who was I going to support.

I chose to tell her the truth which was that she should move on with her life and let everything go the way it's supposed to be.

But No jane  was determined to get Max   by all means.

I didn't bother talking to her, not until the day I found out that Simran and Sara broke their friendship because of her doing.

I was so mad at her that it didn't even hurt her for bit that she has ruined everyone's life all she ever wanted was to make Simran pay for what she did.

But there was one thing I was worried about.

It was Sean he was Max's best friend and we had a relationship and I wasn't going to let my guilt to ruin it. I had also warned jane  about it too.

TEN YEARS LATER

Here I am today with my life the way I had dreamed of but I am still carrying the guilt in my heart.

So I had decided to tell Sean everything. I texted him and told him that I needed to talk to him as soon as he gets home.

Now we were sitting in the living room so close to each other while cuddling on the sofa as we watched movie.

"Hey babe,did you miss me"

"yeah I did more than you can imagine."

"So,what was the emergency?"

"Listen what am about to tell you it might put our relationship at risk but I want you to promise me that no matter what you will love me as much as I love you."

"OK what is going on, you're scaring me babe?"

"It's just that you told me that Max  has stopped talking to you and I think I know Why."

"What do you mean, you know."

"I mean the reason why you guys don't hang out like you used to."

"oh!really?, tell me then."

"The reason is that, maybe he's having problems with Simran and jane is  behind it."

"What are you talking about am so confused right now are telling me that janet  is the one tha...."

"That ruined everyone's life including Simran and Sara's well, Yes."

"But why didn't you tell me about it before?"

It's because I warned her but she never listened to me and we were beginning to have a relationship too."

"I honestly don't know what to expect I mean it's been years now, how do you think they gonna feel when they find out about this?"

"I don't know but I promise you that I will do my best to fix this and besides I haven't seen or talked to any of them including janet  herself, just tell me that you are not mad at me"

"No am not because as soon as we get back you will go and tell everyone about this and I also hope that everything goes well too."

"So does that mean you have  forgiven me for everything?"

"Yeah babe of course I mean it's not your fault what jane  did but I think the only way to find peace in yourself is when you let go of your guilt."

"Thanks honey,"

Few days later, I came to zaid's office. I told him everything and he ended up looking for Sara, I asked if I could go with him to see her and he agreed.

When we reached to her place the door was locked. So a neighbor saw us and told us that Sara left the country long time ago but what she told us next made my heart ache in pain.

The thing was that she lost her mom on the night that was  her wedding day.

Zaid  couldn't handle the situation so he ended up sitting on the stairs. Even I wasn't able to understand how it all happened. I felt more guilt raising in my chest and I couldn't imagine how zaid  was feeling.

He drove me to my apartment and I was going to thank him for the ride but he ignored me and drove quickly I couldn't blame him for that I guess he was angry at himself for what he did to Sara.

As I entered my apartment I was surprised to see the person sitting across the room it was her but why was she here and who told her that I was back.

"Why are you here?"

"Really? Is this how you treat your sister?"

"Just get to the point will you."

"Well the thing is I came to ask you for your.....