Forty nine: She hates me

Simran p.o.v

After I was discharged from hospital, I was brought home by max  since he insisted.

When we got here, he helped me to my room as he was about to leave I reached for his arm. He looked at me and I asked him if he could stay with me for a while.

"Max....listen I know that I have said things that I shouldn't have because...."I said looking down.

"I know what you mean and trust me I have been patiently waiting for you to come around and now that you know the truth don't you think it's time to talk to sara?" He asked.

"How Max? How am I gonna talk to her  when it was me who threw her out of my life?" I asked feeling sad.

"You right it's not going to be easy and besides I tried to talk to her but she didn't want to listen to me." He said.

"Wait...when was that?"I asked.

"After the doctor left she and I talked but it didn't end well" he said standing up.

"I don't blame her for what she turned out to be, It's my fault I shouldn't have said that " I said wiping my tears.

"Simran listen it's not your fault you said those things because of anger" He said trying to calm me.

"Why are you being so nice to me?you should hate me like she is " I said crying.

"No Simran i can never hate you nor does she maybe we should give her time" he said putting his hand in my cheeks.

"Maybe you're right, I shouldn't make my own conclusions " I said hopping that he is right.

Max left and I was alone in my room trying to figure out how to apologise for what I did even though he said he would never hate me.

"How could you not hate me after what I did to you ?"I asked myself.

"How could you be with me when I threw you out of my life? "

I asked myself all these questions but I never had the answers to. I heard a knock on the door and I thought it was Max but it was zaid.

"Hey sis, max told  me he brought you home " he said while standing at the door.

"Yeah he did "I said as he closed the door.

I sat on the bed and he sat next to me.

" what's wrong with You?" He asked.

"Nothing....its just that I don't get is why is he still with me after everything I have done to him? I don't think he deserves to be with me. " I said.

"You mean the fact he stayed by your side after accusing him of being in love with Sara? Come on Simran he's your husband and it's his decision." He said.

"Maybe I should do something to get him  to forgive me" I said facing him.

"Yeah I think so too," he said.

The next day I woke up early and I decided to do something for Max and since there was going to be a party that  zaid was invited and he asked me and Max  to go with him. I decided to go shopping.

I got into a store as I was looking around while  talking on the phone with zaid.

I ended up falling forward since  someone had pushed me only to apologise quickly I was going to say something when suddenly our eyes met and I felt my heart stop. I couldn't believe she was right in front of me.

She was about to walk away when I grabbed her wrist and looked at her as if I didn't want her to leave. She removed her hand from mine.

I told her that I was sorry for what i did. But she didn't want to hear me. How could she when I was the same person who never gave her the chance to explain herself.

And she was right about one thing that she would at least give someone a chance to explain themselves if they had done something wrong.

As she walked away I remembered the words I had said to her.

I couldn't shop so I came home and locked myself in my room. I couldn't hold on to my tears so I cried. Just saying it heard like an echo in my ears.

I also remember the promise we made. The fun we had when we were in high school. The life we enjoyed when we were best friends.

All the memories I had were cutting me like a sword in my heart. I guess she hates me now.

Maybe the pain she suffered from losing her mom changed her and now she will see me like a person who took her happiness away from her and threw her into the darkness.

"Is that how she sees me now?" I asked myself.

"Should I blame myself for her mother's death? "

And now I hate myself more than   she hates me. I didn't know how and when he got here but now I want him by my side more than ever.

He hugged me closer and now I know that he's mine. And I will do whatever it takes to make our relationship work.

"Thank you for  being here when I need someone to talk to" I said looking at him.

"You don't have say anything,  Because from now on I will always be by your side. I promise " He said.

"You don't know how much your words mean to me, and from now on I will do anything to make our relationship work and I promise to be with you " I said.

"What about sara, is she ever gonna forgive me or will she hate me For the rest of her life?" I asked myself.

Later that evening, Zaid ,Max and  I went to the party it reminded me of high school prom. Because there people wearing masks.

As I looked at the masks I liked the one with a butterfly on the side. I was about to take it when I felt someone's hand taking the mask I chose I looked up and it was none other than her.

She was the cause of my misery and made us suffer I couldn't believe she had the nerve to show up at the party.

I took another mask and tried to escape her because I didn't feel like arguing with her so I joined Max  and tried to enjoy the party..