chapter Fifty six:Wait for you

Jake p.o.v

My name is Jake Davis, am 18 years old. I lived with my dad ever since I was five. Because him and my mom were divorced. Ever since that time my dad became workaholic. He would even be away from home for days, weeks even months.

I guess I got so used to his absence. So whenever he was away I would throw parties every day. I became friends with Max and his gang when I was  middle school . We would hung out every day.

Even when I joined high school we would spent hours roaming around the school. We were even  nicknamed"the kings of high school" not just because we were players but we were even praised for our good looks. Girls used to throw themselves at us but we knew how to play them.

One time as always, I would held a party and everyone would come. And my friends and I enjoyed it. I was always the party boy. A time came when I was enjoying it and I was shocked to see Max  drinking cause never in my life have I ever seen him drink alcohol. He would come to the party just to have fun. But that night it was different.

He looked angry and sad so I didn't bother to ask him. I even saw him dance with girls and screaming loud. The next day,  I saw him coming out from one of the rooms. He looked so confused and he asked me if by any chance I had seen a blonde hair girl. But I told him that I saw him with a girl but I never bothered to look closer.

Since that day, Max had changed. He wouldn't party like before so I wondered what happened to him. During the prom days. He told us that he was getting married.

So none of us believed him,because we were all the same and the word "love" was never in our lives. So we made fun of him and laughed only to realize that he was serious.

Once he told us everything, and how he wanted to prompose to Saleena. We have him ideas and finally did it. During the prom night, we all went for a crazy drive but unfortunately we  got into accident. Luckily we survived and so as Max.

Flashback

There was a time when we used to hung out as group. There was this girl I happen to like her name was jane. I remember that night when she was dancing with Max. Some how I felt as if I was kinda jealous or something. It was like she liked him so much. I didn't pay much attention but little did I know I felt like I wanted her.

But it felt that she wanted Max. I wonder if she will ever look at me like the way she did with Max.

I wonder if I was in love with her because I would feel restless when she wasn't around.  I hoped that someday she will except me.

End of flashback

After graduation Max and Simran got married. And I moved to Sweden. My dad was retiring so he wanted to take over his businesses. I tried to work as hard as I could. Even though sometimes I would miss everything back.

TEN YEARS LATER

After so many years, i came back and this time it was because of business purpose.

One night, I was coming  out from  a store when suddenly I spotted someone sleeping near the entrance.

I stared for a while only to be in shock to see a figure that looked so familiar. I stood in front of "her"since she was wearing a short dress and looked so weak.

I recognised her,then I rushed her to the hospital. I was so worried and scared. But hoped that she will be ok. Hours later,the doctor told me that he was glad that I brought her earlier or else she would have died.