11 - trust

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

*Edited*

Third Person POV

After getting Renee's number and saying goodnight, Maddox walked to his car in a daze. He could still feel the warmth of her hug enveloping his body, could still smell the sweet scent of her perfume. Maddox continued to smile when remembering the reaction he received when Renee saw her name in his phone.

My Angel.

He felt like he was becoming more and more soft by the minute, a fact that surprisingly didn't bother him. Maddox Knight was one of the most feared mafia leaders in the world, and although that was a major part of him, he was much more than that.

Renee was the one person that didn't have to be afraid of him, and he would be sure to keep it that way. He had already come to the realization that he would do anything for her without hesitation. Maddox would never even think of hurting the sweet girl.

The car ride home was quiet, as Maddox instinctually made the turns needed to get home without thinking. His mind was still elsewhere. Overjoyed by Matchbox Twenty was played on the radio, the melody filling Maddox's senses.

Maddox smiled to himself, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as he listened peacefully. The lyrics almost directly related to how he felt.

"That smile on your face like a summer, the way that your hand keeps touching mine..."

The song came to an end as the car rolled up to the front of his house, to which he snapped out of his daze, parking. Maddox got out, and opened the front door, the sound of his keys jangling piercing through the silence of the dark night.

He was met with the sight of Jay, sitting on the couch watching TV, a beer in his hand and a plated sandwich on his lap. Upon Maddox's entrance, Jay tore his eyes away from the TV, shooting him a knowing look. Maddox set his keys down on the table beside the couch, sighing dramatically.

"I'm glad you're making yourself at home," Maddox began.

"You're looking fucking comfy over there, hm?" He teased, his tone jokingly irritated.

"Very." Jay smiled widely.

"Now, how was your date, Mr. Knight?" He got straight to the point, patting the spot next to him on the couch, indicating for Maddox to take a seat.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

At Renee's house...

After watching Maddox drive away safely, Renee took her keys out of her bag, turning the correct key in the lock. She felt entirely content, almost as if she were on cloud nine. Beaming, Renee strolled into her house. Savannah was sitting silently in the dimly lit living room, where she had been awaiting her friend's arrival.

"It's so damn dark in here." Renee laughed, placing her bag down and turning a few lights on.

"What are you, having a seance?"

Completely ignoring Renee's comment, Savannah spoke quickly. "Tell me about your date! How was it? Where did you go? What did you do?"

"Woah, woah, woah." Renee put her hand up, pausing Savannah's questioning.

"I already don't remember a single word of what you just said." Renee said bluntly.

"I'll answer your questions if you ask them one at a time," She informed.