15 - stay

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Third Person POV

Maddox felt Renee slowly falling asleep in his arms, her breaths becoming slower and more even. He smiled to himself. There was nowhere else in the world he would rather be at that moment. He was happy simply being in his girl's presence.

It was getting late, and Renee was fast asleep at this point. Maddox decided it would be best to get inside so she could sleep in bed, although he was perfectly content there. He adjusted his position so that he could hold her and get up from the blanket. Maddox carefully picked Renee up bridal style, as to not wake her up. She made a little humming sound in her sleep, and Maddox chuckled.

He held her and picked up the blanket, walking back towards the house. He continued to walk as he looked down at her in his arms. Renee looked so peaceful, her long eyelashes on full display. Her cheeks were a light shade of pink, as always. Her plump lips were parted a bit in her slumber.

Reaching the house, he placed his shoes on and grabbed hers. Maddox then pulled her head closer into his chest, walking in and up to his bedroom. He turned on an old lamp, leaving the room dimly lit. There was just enough light that he could see what he was doing. Putting the blanket and shoes on the floor, he walked over to the bed, Renee still in his arms. Maddox placed her gently on the bed before gently pulling the blanket from beneath her and tucking her in.

Her long brown hair sprawled out on the pillow, her hand resting on her forehead. Maddox decided it would be best to sleep on the couch, not wanting to do anything that would make Renee uncomfortable. He slowly lifted her hand from her forehead, placing it at her side and holding it in his. Maddox leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead, before letting go of her hand and beginning to walk away.

As he was turning around, he felt Renee's small hand on his, gripping it and gently pulling him back.

"Stay..."

Renee was half-asleep, and her eyelids fluttered as she spoke in a whisper. She didn't want Maddox to go; she felt most at ease with him by her side.

"Okay, love. Go back to sleep, I'm here."

Maddox walked around to the other side of the bed and removed his shoes. He went to the dresser and grabbed a pair of sweatpants, before pulling his shirt over his head. He then changed out of his jeans into the sweatpants, feeling much more comfortable for sleep. Maddox didn't know, but Renee was still opening her eyes every so often as she waited for him to get into bed, and saw him changing. She blushed and closed her eyes again, still exhausted and now shy, not wanting him to see her gawking at him.

The light flicked off and Renee felt the bed dip beside her, her body relaxing completely. Maddox wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into him. His large hand ran under her hoodie and rubbed small circles on her side with his thumb, making her shiver slightly. After a few minutes, she was overcome with sleep. Maddox fell asleep soon after, feeling more at home than he ever had in his life.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Maddox woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. Light seeped into the room through the blinds, causing him to cover his eyes. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, suddenly feeling the coolness of Renee's side of the bed. The warmth that was there last night was no longer, and he saw that Renee wasn't in the bed. He sat up, feeling worried about where she went.

What if something happened? Or if she decided to leave? I don't know what I'd do if she left me.

Slightly panicked, Maddox made his way out of his room and around the house, looking for Renee. Before he could freak out anymore, he reached the kitchen. There she was. She stood at the stove, flipping pancakes. Renee wore Maddox's sweatshirt with her black leggings, her feet bare on the cool tile floor. The hood of the sweatshirt sat on top of her head, almost falling off because of its size.

Maddox immediately felt calm, knowing she was still with him. He stood in the doorway, watching as Renee grabbed a container of strawberries. He couldn't just stand there anymore. Maddox ran over to Renee and wrapped her in a hug from behind. She gasped in surprise before leaning into him, laughing.

"Well good morning to you, too."

"Hey,"

He mumbled as he buried his face in her neck, breathing in her scent. She smelled sweet, almost like vanilla. Her scent mixed with the scent of old spice from his sweatshirt. The couple stayed like this for a minute, Maddox taking in the fact that Renee wasn't just a figment of his imagination. He held her waist and turned her around to face him, smiling.

"I thought you were gone..."

He kissed her cheek and hugged her again, looking down.

"I'm here, Maddox. It's okay. Why would I leave?"

She soothed him, speaking quietly.

"You weren't in bed and I didn't know where you went. I hoped you didn't decide to go home."

"Of course not. I want to be here with you, silly."

Maddox chuckled, pulling back a bit so he could look into Renee's eyes. They sparkled with emotion as she smiled.

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be, love. You didn't have to make breakfast, I would have done it."

"I wanted to do something for you."

"Thank you. It smells amazing."

"Go sit, it's almost done."

"Let me help you!"

He squeezed her hips softly, making her giggle.

"I'm almost done, now go sit!"

"Alright, boss."

He winked before sitting at the dining room table. Maddox wanted to help her, but let her do what she wished to. Soon, Renee walked into the dining room with two plates. They were packed with pancakes, a handful of cut strawberries on the side. Glasses of water and syrup were already on the table, as the two settled in and began to eat. Maddox took a bite of his pancake and groaned.

"This is so good. Thank you,"

"I'm glad you like it!"

Renee smiled brightly, genuinely happy that he liked what she had made for him. After everything he had done for her, she figured the least she could do was make him breakfast. They both ate comfortably, talking a bit in between. Maddox insisted on helping Renee with the dishes. Renee washed the dishes and handed them to Maddox, who dried them and put them back in the cabinets.

Renee had said she didn't need help, but found it sweet when Maddox insisted on doing so. Sipping his water, Maddox looked at her as she stood behind the counter. He took in her appearance, seeing that she still looked perfect. She had just rolled out of bed and looked this beautiful. He was unable to comprehend how this was even possible. She looked down at her feet, feeling a bit insecure with Maddox looking her up and down.

"You're absolutely stunning, you know."